Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cross_harps
0 Kudos

how do I get to pictures I've put on my nook?

If I have put pictures, pdfs or other types of documents on my nook, how I can I get to them?

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: how do I get to pictures I've put on my nook?

The pictures can only be viewed as wallpaper or screen savers.

The PDF files should appear in your my documents library on the nook.

Contributor
cross_harps
0 Kudos

Do they have to be PDF files or will it recognize .jpg or other image file types?

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Screen savers/wallpapers can be jpeg of bitmap I believe.

Books/documents can be ePub, PDB, or PDF.

Contributor
slow_reader
0 Kudos

Here is a little tip.

I created a document with Microsoft Word and imported about 20 family photos into it.

I then saved it as an HTML document.

I imported it into Calibre and converted it to an EPUB.

I then loaded the new "ebook" entitled Family Photos onto my Nook.

I can then open that "Book" and page rapidly through the photos.

This came in handy at a recent family reunion where folks were wanting to see some pictures of my kids.

They would not have had the patience to wait around as I shut the Nook off and on sending it to standby and loading each photo as a screen saver individually.

Contributor
Colorado_BMW

[ Edited ]

I bought a NOOK for my wife a little while ago and added a microSD card. With all of that space, I thought it would be nice to be able to view any pictures copied to the card without having to set them as screen savers or wall paper. The NOOK has a web browser, so I built a web page, added some Javascript, and now she has a picture viewer that she can use to show pictures to family, friends, or complete strangers. She can even use the page turn buttons to change the picture.

Since I believe this has broader appeal that just something my wife can use, I have built a program that you run on your computer that lets you pick pictures and add them to albums. You can add captions to the pictures, and when ready, connect your NOOK and press a button to download smaller copies of the pictures to the NOOK. The original pictures remain untouched exactly where you had them on your computer. The only thing you need to do is start the web browser and open the web page that I also download to the NOOK.

The program is nearing completion (writing documentation and testing now). I would be interested in knowing if others would think this a valuable utility to manage the photos copied to their NOOK, and if so, how much would you be willing to pay for it? Thanks.

Contributor
Colorado_BMW
0 Kudos

The program is complete. If you are interested, go to http://www.piiknook.com. You can download for free and try it out.