Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
templenoire
0 Kudos

lend me badge

Okay this is the most frustraing thing i'm having with my new nook.  I'm well aware that only certain titles can be lent to other nook users.  My problem is figuring out IF THE TITLES i have or the titles i'm about to purchase are lendable.  The guide talks about this LendMe badge that you're supposed to see next to the title.  So far I cannot find any such lendme badge, even on titles that I know are lendable.  And even in the lendme section.  What does this lendme badge look like and where can i find it.  Can someone point to title that actually shows the lendme badge on the BN website because i don't see it here, or on my nook shop.  I don't even see an option in my library to lend books.  NOw maybe the books i have i can't lend, however, but i can't tell either way.  Someone help, maybe with a link that will show me where to find this badge.

Frequent Contributor
MrsSS
0 Kudos

Re: lend me badge

templenoire wrote:

What does this lendme badge look like and where can i find it.  Can someone point to title that actually shows the lendme badge on the BN website because i don't see it here, or on my nook shop.

Example: 

If you look under the price and "buy now", you should see

This NOOKbook is Lendable How it works

When you buy the book, there is a white banner across a corner that has  on it. 

There is also a search perimeter for looking only for lendme nookbooks, found in the dropdown menu at the top under Nookbook < Departments.

Contributor
templenoire
0 Kudos

Thank You!

Contributor
templenoire
0 Kudos

One thing I did notice however, that some of the books that are listed in the lendme catagory are not actually lendable.  In fact I clicked on the book The Help by kathryn Stockett in the lendme category and it does'nt say lend me under the buy now. COME on Barnes and Noble!

Frequent Contributor
MrsSS
0 Kudos

templenoire wrote:

One thing I did notice however, that some of the books that are listed in the lendme catagory are not actually lendable.  In fact I clicked on the book The Help by kathryn Stockett in the lendme category and it does'nt say lend me under the buy now. COME on Barnes and Noble!

Yeah, you just have to look carefully when you open up the information on a book before you buy it.  This happens with the free list too, where some of the ones that show up are not free.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

templenoire wrote:

B&N's search engine has been struggling since the Christmas rush, during which it completely failed. It's still days behind.

Penguin used to permit lending. It appears that since Kindle started doing Lending, Penguin has withdrawn from the program (and they're not the only publisher to withdraw). The B&N Search Engine hasn't caught up, so it's still showing Penguin titles when you search for LendMe.