Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kt328
0 Kudos

more in store...name stores

CS said yesterday that not all stores have set up more in store yet and will contact the stores in question to set it up. Perhaps if we name the stores where we can't receive the content, hopefully B&N will deal with it.

Asheville NC 

Biltmore Park NC

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

Re: more in store...name stores

Union Square NYC - no go last night (also no attention at the nook counter even when I picked up a demo and was actively playing with it)

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Frequent Contributor
nookster
0 Kudos

Briargate - Colorado Springs (...haven't checked the Citadel store)

-nookster

Distinguished Correspondent
mpebbs
0 Kudos

North Charleston SC...Ive been in multiple times and nothing new has popped up yet.

Frequent Contributor
lindag8r
0 Kudos

Market Street B & N in Ocala, FL  (the only store in little ole Ocala).

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

violetangel wrote:

Union Square NYC - no go last night (also no attention at the nook counter even when I picked up a demo and was actively playing with it)

I was at Union Sq yesterday (around 5p-7p) and there were 2 employees at the counter. Maybe when you stopped by they were off to the side. I didn't get the "More in Store" wither, just the welcome message when my Nook connected to their wi-fi

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

They were there when I came in - probably around 7.  Since I have one, it wasn't a big deal, but there were people who seemed interested in possibly getting one standing around the counter looking confused when I was there on my way out.  Just something I noticed.

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Frequent Contributor
EmmaD
0 Kudos

The B&N in Bountiful, Utah   They had nothing either and he didn't have a clue as to when anything might come in.

Contributor
ExtraBitterStoat
0 Kudos

The citadel store in Colorado Springs doesn't have anything either.  The employees had no idea that there was supposed to be additional content in the store.  They just knew about the cookie.  Whee.

Frequent Contributor
EmmaD
0 Kudos

LOL, I didn't ask about the cookie!! Damn!! :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
Doc_R
0 Kudos

I've been to a couple of stores around the D.C. area and every location recognizes my nook when I enter with a "Welcome to the ... store" but that's all that pops up.  Again, many empty promises from B$N but they fail to deliver.  Their folks in charge of the nook launch/implementation must work for the government.

Reader
poma3
0 Kudos

No 'More In Store' offers at the Racine, WI store. It showed up on the demo nooks in the kiosk but not on mine (I've tried twice). Nook associate was clueless.

Frequent Contributor
EmmaD
0 Kudos

I've read on other threads here that the in store specials are going to be available sometime the early part of the year.  They had said sometime in January or Feb..

Reader 4
jenltd
0 Kudos

Columbus, OH- Tried the Sawmill and Polaris locations. My nook recognized that I was in B&N and told me to click on "more in store," but there was no "more in store" to click. The associates in both stores knew less about nook than I did. The clerk in the Polaris store did give me a coupon for a free cookie although she said she thought the free cookie offer had actually expired on Jan. 6. Boo!

Frequent Contributor
KingSausage
0 Kudos

I can back this up. The Bethesda, MD, location does not have "More in Store." Last night the nook counter was actually shut down more than two hours before the store closed.

too bad the free cookie offer expired on January 6. I should have taken my cookie at the West End Madison (WI) location on Christmas Eve when I had my chance, appetite be damned!  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
-Onyx-
0 Kudos

It's been a week since I went in a store to try, but last week the Round Rock, Homestead, and Arboretum stores in Texas did not have any More in Store features available. 

I was told the read any book for an hour feature should be up and running mid-January and they expected the other more in store promotions to be fixed with the next software update by the end of the month.

If anyone Does have the more in store features available, what are the current specials?  The first one (free cookie) expired Jan 6, what's available now?

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

Adding to the NYC count of stores that don't have "More In Store"...

Already noted: Union Square

Also missing it:

5th Ave/45th(?) Street

8th St. - this one didn't even appear to have WiFi as I NEVER got even the welcome message nor saw the BN at the top...they don't ahve a cafe, so i'm wondering if that's why

Reader 2
yarnfloozie
0 Kudos

Not working in Minot, ND yet.

Contributor
boardoe
0 Kudos

I haven't yet tried to connect my Nook at a store, but I can say that at both the NYC Lincoln Center and Upper West Side stores (both with cafés) general wifi access has been missing for some time.  The store staff have speculated (strangely none seem to know for sure) that in order to accomodate Nook access at these locations the wifi networks have to be reinstalled and configured and have been deactivated until this is accomplished.

Frequent Contributor
beckylola
0 Kudos

More from Columbus.  I tried the campus one on High Street before the word went out about no offers in campus stores.  No luck there, but they have a nice selection of covers and lights in store.

Tried the Lennox Center one on Sunday.  I couldn't even get a barnes and noble wi-fi connection.  Just attwifi showed up.  The clerks didn't have a clue what I was talking about (but they were jealous of my Hermione!).