Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: more in store...name stores

gramma2009 wrote:

I got my nook before Christmas. Still learning bits about it...I downloaded a LOT of free books and bought some via 3G at home. I've been to Santa Ana, CA a few times (near work), most recent visit showed More in Store...However, nowhere to sit! The cafe is full of coffee drinkers 1 per table with their laptops and handhelds; there were 3-4 student- type wooden chairs upstairs - even they were occupied. Quite a numbger of people were in the store SITTING AROUND ON THE FLOOR!! I have physical limitations which wouldpreclude me from joining those on the floor...

This experience is not at all what I envisioned, prior to purchase, when I thought about enjoying trips to B&N with my new nook..

Well, no way around it in the cafe unless you want to drink coffee, it's a lease department.  I know our B&N has to make announcements to give up the table if you are not a cafe customer because it gets too full for the paying customers to use it.

If you wish to use the cafe and you are buying something from them, approach one of those single tables, they are usually happy to share in my experience.

Reader 4
Paloma_Oxt
0 Kudos

Pickerington, OH store has "more in store"

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

gramma2009 wrote:

I got my nook before Christmas. Still learning bits about it...I downloaded a LOT of free books and bought some via 3G at home. I've been to Santa Ana, CA a few times (near work), most recent visit showed More in Store...However, nowhere to sit! The cafe is full of coffee drinkers 1 per table with their laptops and handhelds; there were 3-4 student- type wooden chairs upstairs - even they were occupied. Quite a numbger of people were in the store SITTING AROUND ON THE FLOOR!! I have physical limitations which wouldpreclude me from joining those on the floor...

This experience is not at all what I envisioned, prior to purchase, when I thought about enjoying trips to B&N with my new nook..

This is very typical for the two stores I frequent, even before the Nook was released.  Students treat it like a library.  And one of the stores doesn't have a Cafe, it has a Starbucks attached, but it's different than the cafe, and it's always full too.  

Although, depending on the time, I can usually get a seat in the cafe after I buy something to drink.  Sometimes not though.

Frequent Contributor
2010bc
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl--

I was told the Birdcage, Citrus Heights, store would have accessories around the first of April.  I thought I wanted the silicone frame, but I've been reading that it is a "dirt magnet" so I really want to see it before I buy.  

Bev

2010bc 

Frequent Contributor
ratdog
0 Kudos

gramma2009 wrote:

Probably due to spring break. Are you near a college? Either they are all on break or in the middle of exams before break. Go back after Easter week it probably will be more like you were hoping.

SHOUT OUT to g8r! I go to Market Street B&N too!