Frequent Contributor
BookDroid
0 Kudos

Re: more in store...name stores

Pasadena, CA  (Old Town)

Check on Saturday (1-9-10) and today (1-11-10) nothing.  Associate at the store did not know when it would be set up.  Also could not read any books for the free 1 hour.  Come on B&N, you are failing!

Contributor
gvanmeter
0 Kudos

Nothing at Tyson's Corner, VA.

Contributor
craigwillie
0 Kudos

Nothing in Leominster, MA

No in-store offers or free reading features at the store in Leominster, MA. The B&N network is available from the parking lot, so at least I didn't have to get out of my car to check :smileyhappy:
Contributor
oldsewnsew
0 Kudos

Re: Nothing in Leominster, MA

[ Edited ]

Thurs, 1/14 - Nothing yet at Barnes and Noble in Palisades Center Mall, West Nyack, NY.   A B&N associate told me he thinks "More in Store" will arrive in mid-January.

Reader 2
DoubleN_Jenn
0 Kudos

Re: Nothing in Leominster, MA

I'll take mine to a store today in Columbus, Ohio.  Actually to the one at Hunters Run Centre in Pickerington. 

I went there before just with a question about the Nook and I'm sorry....but those people are morons.  All they did was show me a page on the internet.  I looked at her and said, "I can read this at home.  Do YOU have any information you can give me?"  She said no, that was all she had.  So I said, "So let me get this straight.  You are here to sell a product that you know NOTHING about?"  She just blankly stared at me.

Frequent Contributor
-Onyx-
0 Kudos

The Arboretum store in Austin TX now has "more in store" available.  When I went to "shop" after being welcomed to the store the bottom where the offers show up was blank, however, when I selected the page I got the free articles as well as the 10% off a CD coupon. 

I'm glad to see that things are on their way to working as advertised.  Hopefully the next software update will be out in a week or two and we'll stop seeing so many (albeit justified) complaints. 

New User
NanookDE
0 Kudos

State College, PA - no "more in store",  no Nook accessories and no employees with any information.

Salisbury, MD - employees do not know what the "more in store" is, have not been given info about Nook accessories arriving (though they have a large display in the back room) and are generally uninformed about the intricacies of the Nook.

Frustrating at best.

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

Roseville, CA (across from the Roseville Galleria Mall). "More in Store" works, but no Nook accessories. Employees generally helpful, but not personally experienced with Nook. It seems they've read the documentation on how the Nook should work, but haven't really played with it.

Citrus Heights, CA (Birdcage Walk store). No "More in Store", no accessories. Again, employees trying to be helpful, but not personally experienced with Nook.

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Frequent Contributor
Adenium
0 Kudos

B&N in the Buckland Hills mall in Manchester, CT has nothing and no idea when it might arrive.  Same with the Farmington and Canton locations.  No accessories either.  I was actually showing the staff some of the features such as the swipe to turn pages - I had gone in to ask whether it was possible to do it without lighting up the touchscreen and the Nook desk guy hadn't heard of swiping to turn pages at all.  Sigh. 

Contributor
mountainkimmie
0 Kudos

My nook arrived Wednesday 1/27.  I registered it and successfully downloaded content, also sideloaded some content.  I took it to the Stephens Creek Barnes & Noble in San Jose, CA and saw the More In Store offer come up when it connected to B&N WiFi.  I selected a free book from the More In Store offer and was asked to confirm that I wanted to buy the book for free.  Said yes, and it said it was processing my order.  Then it came back and said Network Unavailable.  Tried several times, no better luck.  Tried again yesterday, 1/31, at the same store, and got the same result.  I was able to see the offer, able to select the item and confirm the selection, and the WiFi symbol showed I was connected as well.  This is frustrating! Nobody in the store had any idea why this happened, although I was told it was gamers using all the bandwidth the first time, then the second time he suggested I power off completely and repower up.  That didn't work.  It would be better to not offer More In Store items until they can be successfully delivered but I'll be ok with this as long as I see these issues are being addressed and improving.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

So after you purchased the book for free, and left the store....

Can you get the book over 3G?

Contributor
oldsewnsew
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

As of Mon. Feb. 1

I found "More In Store" working at the following B&N stores:

1) Paramus, NJ

2) Palisades Center Mall, West Nyack, NY

Reader 4
jwoolsey73
0 Kudos

B&N in Carle Place NY (Nassau County, Long Island across from Roosevelt Field mall) has the more in store working

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

The Union Sq location in NYC has "More In Store" up and running.

Contributor
mountainkimmie
0 Kudos

icebike, I tried downloading it over 3G today, and got the same error message.  It was a Dean Koontz book, Red Dog Bait.  Probably not a huge loss . . .anyway, interestingly, it was in my wish list even though I hadn't put it there.  Maybe having selected it for free download at the store somehow put it in my wish list. 

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

adlemsi wrote:

The Union Sq location in NYC has "More In Store" up and running.

Cool!!  I will have to check it out!  :smileyhappy:

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

I'll probably do another round of "More In Store" testing in the other NYC locations next week. Will keep you posted.

Inspired Contributor
thejadegreengirl
0 Kudos

I got the More in Store working in West Los Angeles, CA.  Along with the new coupon (10% off of a dvd)

Waaah Waah Waah

thejadegreengirl
Reader
gloomy50
0 Kudos

Poughkeepsie, NY store has more in store working, as does the Danbury, CT store.

Frequent Contributor
Robocheme
0 Kudos

Exact same thing happened to me at Walnut Creek, CA.  I got a good, strong connection to the B&N WIFI.  When I selected a free book, it started processing, but then it said Network Unavailable. The guy at the counter tried to blame it on so many people using the WIFI, but I didn't see anyone in the cafe or any other place using their laptops.

Kind of annoying, but not a big deal.