Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
JsNannie
0 Kudos

Re: more in store...name stores

No MORE IN STORE at Brick, NJ. In fact, we don't even have a nook counter where I can go ask questions. Will have to check a few more in my area. I went to look for some accessories too and there was nothing at the store either.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

This actually makes me feel better. I was in BN in Staten Island, NY yesterday and had no problem connecting, however when I went to down load *red dog bait* it said network unavailable.  The girl at the counter had no clue, but then again they had no idea there was an update.

Their *expert* had no clue, and the wifi was working b/c other people were there on their laptops.  I am sure it's a glitch in the system. I'll try a different store next week.

Frequent Contributor
edUcateMS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

More in store works in Tupelo, MS

When I tried to download free samples while in "more in store", I got the Network Unavailable message. Tried twice more and finally on the third try, the sample downloaded perfectly. 

So when you get the Network Unavailable, keep trying.  It make take a few tries to get it to work.

Inspired Contributor
GeoffreyF
0 Kudos

Burlington, MA and Nashua, NH have had more in store for a couple of weeks.

Neither has the ability to read books without buying them but they do have some special downloads and discounts in the music department.

Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn
0 Kudos

I went to the store at Firewheel in Garland, TX yesterday and it was working.  I didn't try to browse a book while I was there.  I will have to go back and try that.  I downloaded a bunch of free stuff that was only available with the more in store feature.

Frequent Contributor
Tammke
0 Kudos

The B&N in Newport News, VA has the "More in Store" up and running.  Most of what they have available for free download is short stories and blog type posts, but there was two pages of content available.  I didn't try the free full book preview option.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Stores in Huntington Beach, CA and Costa Mesa, CA, both have it up and running.  Was in the Costa Mesa store today, some free stuff and a coupon for a dollar off one CD.  (I'd rather have a coupon for a cookie:smileytongue:).  Absolutely no trouble connecting in either store, it found the wifi all by itself and connected me.

I'm not all that interested in the in store content at this time, I go into the store and browse the new books, and add the ones I want to my ewish list with the Nook.

Frequent Contributor
Kitten83
0 Kudos

More in Store feature works in Macon, GA.  I was very excited today to see that the more in store feature did work.  I was able to access the 10% off one CD offer and I also was able to purchase a download a couple of books.  Very exciting!! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

More in Store works at the Monmouth Mall B&N in Eatontown, NJ.  WiFi worked well, and I was able to download the A. Trigiani short story and some pieces by other authors.  Did not try to read a book in-store. 

I was surprised to find that some (not all) of the pieces I downloaded in the store stayed in my nook and I could read them after I got home.  A few were no longer available.

The only coupon was for 10% off a CD. 

I also saw an endcap display near the nook counter that had a few covers, a neoprene sleeve, and the USB.AC adaptor for sale.

The nook reps in this store are very helpful and knowledgable.  They're doing a nice job, including hosting a nook support group meeting every Sunday at 2 p.m.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

AnnSheridan wrote:

They're doing a nice job, including hosting a nook support group meeting every Sunday at 2 p.m.

Nookaholics  anonymous.  

I suspect a lot of not-too-tech savvy folks would benefit from this.  

Contributor
AlexisStorm
0 Kudos

College Station, TX is still deceiving us. I've been twice in the last three weeks. I go into the store and the welcome message pops up and I can get look at the offering of free articles but every time I try to download one it tells me Network Unavailable. Then I bought an ebook off my wish list and downloaded it to test the network and that worked fine. Each time an employee tells me that "they" (meaning corporate, etc.) are still working on it but that it should be up any time now. Had hoped the update would fix this.

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

AnnSheridan wrote:

They're doing a nice job, including hosting a nook support group meeting every Sunday at 2 p.m.

Nookaholics  anonymous.  

I suspect a lot of not-too-tech savvy folks would benefit from this.  

@icebike:

the nook support meeting was good for those who needed the tech help.  ~45 minutes of ebook discussion, helpful tips, etc., and ~30 minutes of 'tech support'. 

two nook service reps ran the meeting, and they were competent and able to answer everyone's questions.  After the meeting they stuck around to give one-on-one help to those who needed it.

Contributor
vlh_butterfly
0 Kudos

I tried to access the More In Store free content downloads as well today -- got the same Network Unavailable message at the Springfield, VA store. Was connected to the network instantly, but I also tried powering down and rebooting, also disconnecting from WiFi, then reconnecting. Store greeting came up that I was connected again, still no luck.

Employees checked the Wifi network in back room, all was ok. Called the Nook Support folks. They blamed it on having a possible problem with my credit card info -- they said that other people have had that problem too. Suggested that I go online and delete all credit card info and my address and reenter all info. Didn't want to do this on my phone. I have done it now that I am home, but I will have to visit a new store to see if that had any effect.

Interesting fact though, I was able to buy a $9.99 book just fine while in the store on the WiFi, so how much of a problem could there be with my credit card(s) info on file with bn.com account??? Obviously from what I am reading here in the forum, this issue is not me or my credit cards, it is the More In Store system that needs work...Get it together, B&N nook team!

Correspondent
Mandroid
0 Kudos

Both Roseville and Maple Grove Minnesota have More In Store content.  I was able to download a free ebook at Maple Grove, but received a "Network Unnavailable" error in Roseville when I tried the same ebook.

"5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions"
Frequent Contributor
Larryb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I connected to the White Marsh, Md., store & offered some so so free e books none of which I really needed or wanted...if they want me to carry my nook into the store for 'extras' please make it worth the effort...bad effort here...

Frequent Contributor
Starearedkid
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JsNannie wrote:

No MORE IN STORE at Brick, NJ. In fact, we don't even have a nook counter where I can go ask questions. Will have to check a few more in my area. I went to look for some accessories too and there was nothing at the store either.

I was at the Brick store last week--and it seemed like it was up and working on Feb. 12th

Contributor
kmoeller
0 Kudos

Portsmouth, NH More in Store works great.  They also have a staffed display, with people that know the product well.

Frequent Contributor
jimcook2
0 Kudos

Re: West Springfield, Massachusetts

The B&N store in West Springfield Massachusetts has several nooks for sale. No covers yet.

I brought my nook with Oberon cover in to see what was new and get a cup of tea. Yeah, I had to buy the cookie, but it was good. This stimulated a great discussion on what was good and what was bad about the machine. They were very serious about the machine. They asked questions about comparing the Kindle, Sony and nook. There was a customer who participated in the question and answers and who ended up deciding to get one.

They haven't got any covers yet to sell. They told me when they expected to receive them; but I don't remember the date.

They loved my Oberon and were disappointed when I told them that I didn't expect B&N to sell the Oberon brand.

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

At the SmithHaven Mall Long Island store yesterday, More in store showed up but the Free Content would not down load, I know the system was working as I bought a couple of books.  There's four area in the More content or Four Pages, last page was the NY Times best seller list, went through it just to check pricing as that is a Hot Issue right now.  Saw two books from Free but greyed out instead of Dark Black,  BOO on that why even show it if your not going to allow you to DL the book.   One was the the Ozzy book and the other was a Glen Beck book.     oh could have bought a CD and or DVD with 10% off but their prices are over the top on those items any way and could get cheaper somewhere else even after the 10% off.  BOO on BN for that

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Forgot to add the had a sign out front that said NOOKS in stock for sale but no Accessories