Reader 2
mwkFL
0 Kudos

Just got my color Nook today. How do I search my Nook for B & N free books to download?

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: newbie

Welcome to the world Nook, there is a nookbook room which I think there's a tread that lists free or cheap books there.  Another thing is on BN.com you can search nookbooks and do it lowest price first which would make free books come up for you in your search.  Also there's the steals and deals section on the nook store in the nook if the nookcolor's store is like the nook classic one that is.  I have a Nook 3G so I don't know what the store looks like on your nook.  There's also nookcolor discussion room that might aide you as well.  I want to say again, welcome to the forum, have a good day, I hope I was able to help you.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Woot Woot! Another nook owner.

This is the forum for the Nook Classic e-ink model, but there's an easy way to find the other forums.

As far as free books, you'll definitely want to visit our NOOKbooks Discussion forum where Doug_Pardee and several other folks point out free or low-cost books. The threads are quite long because they've been going on for a while now. So click on the thread, go to the last page, and read from the bottom up to have the most current info.

Also, on the main B&N web page, click on NOOKbooks tab, then down on the left side is a bunch of categories, including one for free ebooks. Watch for Free Fridays in the Unbound blog here in the bookclub forums, plus it's usually posted in other places and in the NOOKbook forum.Using the web browser on your nook color, you can type bn.com/unbound in the location bar and go the the Free Fridays selection as well. Also check unbound for other free or low-cost offers occasionally, but these are usually short lived, so check often.

The main board menus will show you how many new messages have been posted since your last viewing.

The easiest way to navigate the forums is to click on the words "B&N Community" right above your screen name ... er, pen name, on the tan bar at the top. You can also click on Blogs, Boards, B&N Recommends, Choose a Discussion, and the first two portions of the line of text that appears directly below your pen name.

When searching for free books at the B&N site, use the 0.00 search, but be prepared for gazillions of listings. If you have the time to wade through all those, have at it. Otherwise you can limit your search to a favorite genre or author: 0.00 mystery, or 0.00 Twain.

You'll also find lots of information on free books sites with a simple search here that will help you avoid the pirated book sites. Another good resource is Inkmesh.com.

Here's a direct link to the Nook Color forum, there is also a separate technical support forum for the nook color:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

Happy reading and welcome to the boards.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

mwkFL, enjoy your NOOKcolor. :smileyhappy:

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"