Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Tahniask
0 Kudos

nook book maps too small

I read a lot of fantasy books and find that the maps put at the beginning s of the books are so small they simply cannot be read.   I end up having to refer to the store copies and, when there are several maps,  have actually bought the first book of a series just so I could figure out what's going on and where.  Readers, if we complain about this enogh, maybe the publishers will do something about it.  It's obvious they don't read their own ebooks!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: nook book maps too small

I'm not sure there is a good solution to this problem. The eInk readers aren't able to zoom in/out like the LCD models with pinch/zoom.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

For many of the popular books you can find them on line.  For example I was easily able to do a Google search for images of "Eye of the World maps" for the Wheel of Time series.

Reader 4
berniewa
0 Kudos

I copy & print them from Nook for Mac App
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Also, just to be perfectly fair, many of these maps were also practically illegible in a standard-sized paperback, and are the same size on a Nook screen.