Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

Re: nook is crap

KeithK wrote:
This is another example of a device being smarter the a person.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

New User
liberrian
0 Kudos

I would love to know how you are borrowing books from the library.  I can put them on my computer, but my Nook will not recognize any borrowed library books.  B&N told me to authorize the Nook.  Plug the Nook into the computer and  follow the directions he said.  Didn't work.  No directions too follow.  So what am I doing wrong. 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@liberrian

Plug NOOK into your computer.  Go to "My Computer."  Find and delete these two (and only these two) files:

• “.adobe-digital-editions file.
  • "Digital Editions"

EJECT NOOK (by right clicking on the icon in "My Computer" and choosing Eject.

Close ADE

Plug NOOK back in

Open ADE and follow the prompts for authorizing ADE in your NOOK.

The following link will be very helpful to you.  

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Using-Adobe-Digital-Editions-ADE-Libra...

New User
equussal

OH NO!  I just downloaded another book!

Haven't had a problem.

Yes, I did read the manual: well, a good portion of it.

Had a question...

Looked it up...

Found the answer...

IT worked! 

OMG, hard to believe.

Get over it.

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

tanya_wrght wrote:

A kindle is a lot better than a nook. My girlfriend got the kindle and I got a nook. I should not have to wait a week for an ebook. I have never in my life heard so many excuses why this piece of crap doesn't work. I get a nook so I can download books in seconds and read it when ready. I love to read and it is a pain to go to the store and get 5 or 6 books at a time or order online and wait. I thought the nook was an answer to my prayers and now I find I was better off just going to the store. If you can't handle the overload of people ordering online then you need to update your program or get out of the race the kindle is better anyways. The excuse why the kindle is working better is because they didn't sell as many is just that; an excuse to cover your lack of a good program. I have a piece of crap that I need to trash and just order a kindle instead. I will tell anyone that the kindle downloads in seconds no matter if it is a busy time of the year or not. I ordered one book and it has been 3 days and I still have not got it. Your technical person tells me it might be a week or longer due to the overload of callers and orders. Kindle is doing just wonderful and if you are thinking of getting the nook DON'T!!!! Excuses don't fix a problem. I feel sorry for all the people that got the nook for Christmas because it may take them weeks before they can even use it.

Just to put in my 2 cents. I just downloaded a book on my NookColor.  It took a big 30 seconds to appear in my library.  I also have a Kindle 3 and prefer my nook.  I find it easier reading on the nook.  I had to go to settings to set up go to last page read, otherwise it takes you to the beginning of the book (on the Kindle).  On my Nook classic and Nook Color it automatically takes you to the last page read without having to setup anything.  So the Kindle is not perfect.  Like I said, just adding my 2 cents.  And like others before me have said:

:smileyvery-happy:   " Happy Nook Year to All!"  :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

Just an after thought tanya, maybe there is something wrong with your credit card and not your nook.  Why doesn't anyone else report a 2 week delay to download a book?  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Derek_boatwright
0 Kudos

You should check your internet connection if it takes a week to download. My nook usually only takes a few minutes per book.

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Derek_boatwright wrote:

You should check your internet connection if it takes a week to download. My nook usually only takes a few minutes per book.

You do realize that the last response before you was TWO YEARS AGO?

Baron Wulfraed
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Perhaps his internet connection isn't as fast as he thinks?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

my nook is...

...working fine, but i was getting annoyed seeing the last message title at the top every day, so I had to respond.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

My N1E works fine. I also have the HD+, however, I prefer to read from my classic nook. It's a gem.
Lector GS
New User
GrouchoRP
0 Kudos

Since I first purchased the Nook about 3 years ago for the most part I haven't been able to purchase apps. I did at first but when they didn't work I've gone with only free ones. 80% of them won't install. They sit on my desktop and say download. I click on them the load then say installing and then they go right back to download. I did get Words with Friends to Work until recently. Opens but won't let me sign in. Angry Birds won't install at all. I've gone to the B and N store but they don't know anything. I've called B and N but they only tell me to reset it; which I've done 6 times. I've also written to B and N but nobody seems to care. It usually works for about 2 months and then has to be reset again. Now I have a problem with Gmail not working. Lastly my book reader is also not working as of today. So I can't read book, I can't play Words with Friends, and I can't use Gmail. Other than a paperweight what can I use it for. I would recommend anyone purchasing this item. I don't know if the Kindle or others are better but it's worth the shot.

Inspired Contributor
BassmanMT

Re: different nook models, different forums

This forum is for the first edition, which does not have the ability to run apps.