Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
halibrat
0 Kudos

nook lend me networking

im not brilliant with technology but i have found my nook very user friendly. my big question is does anyone have tips on how to link up with others to share books with. my library is growing and although not all have the lend me option alot do and i just hate to see them going to waste. im at the point that im wondering if i need to hire someone to set up a website for people to network. is there anything out there that im missing? (besides the tech wiz gene)

hali

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

Re: nook lend me networking

[ Edited ]

So far, I don't know of a website specifically for networking for nook. If you are on Facebook, there is a group just for this:

Facebook nook Owners' Book exchange

I have joined but not yet tried it.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@halibrat,

If it is an issue with having too many eBooks on your nook, you can always archive eBooks them.  They will then be deleted from your nook (but still be in your Account for download to your nook at another time).

On the nook,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your nook)
2. Highlight the eBook (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

I hope this helps.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V.

Frequent Contributor
Dyrinn45
0 Kudos

i think seeing this lending feature is really cool...it would be great to see sometime in the future where you can trade ebooks or buy them permanently as used(even if its only a dollar or two less than current price). Would have to be some kind of secure intermediary that could remove the current DRM somehow.

would be nice to see B&N do this. maybe charge the same price for the used ebook as the new and just keep a 20% of the cost for themself.

Correspondent
statomattic
0 Kudos

I'm also a member of the Facebook group, and just offered a couple of Nook books I've finished. We'll see if anyone bites.

Anyway, I agree that some way of networking to use the lendme feature is something that really should be done, especially since we're gradually seeing a larger number of books with the lending feature enabled. I'd love to see B&N put up a specific Lendme message board for just this purpose (hint, hint).

Contributor
harih
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

nookboards - http://www.nookboards.com has a lending section in their forum. I used it once.

New User
nennieface
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try:

BOOKSFORNOOKS.COM

you can lend and also have other lend you books.

New User
Burma_shave
0 Kudos

Anybody willing to lend me "A Thousand Splendid Suns"?  I have The Unnamed, Drowning Ruth, Shutter Island, Lost City of Z, Noah's Compass.

Thanks,

Jean

New User
cmejia0910
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i only have one lend me book but i am also interested in hooking up with members to see if i can use the lend me option and borrow some books. i would love to have a website where you can meet others to use this app     

by Michael-V:  Please don't post any personal email addresses.

New User
cmejia0910
0 Kudos

ok sorry. well anyway, I have the following books that I am willing to lend :

Blue Moon (Anita Blake Vampire Series) by Laurell K. Hamilton

No Mercy (Dark-Hunter Series #18) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark Peril (Dark Series #21) by Christine Feehan (I am almost finished with this book)

Please let me know who is interested on this B&N Community that would like to borrow them. I am interested in borrowing Gena Showalter's The Darkest Lie or  The Darkest Prison. Please advise.

Thanks,

Candy

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@cmejia0910 and Burma_shave:

See the earlier post on this thread about www.booksfornooks.com.  This is a website specifically designed for you to meet other nook users for the purpose of sharing eBooks with the Lend Me feature.  These boards are not really designed for this purpose.

Keep in mind, however, that the Lend Me feature only allows you to lend a book once, so once you lend one of your books to someone you meet, say, on BooksForNooks, you won't be able to lend it again to your best friend when he or she gets a nook, too :smileysad:.

New User
lydlouise
0 Kudos

there is also the facebook page  "i have a nook and im willing to share books!"

Contributor
lckyforme
0 Kudos

I got this in my email this morning and there is an entire site for Nook users.  If you register please say you were referred by lckyforme.

Today we release our very first newsletter for Nook owners, and we
have 2 stories to report on. The first is about an all new website
http://eBookLendingLibrary.com <http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
and the second is about the increase use of Nooks & Nook Colors in
the United States.

As e-readers become more and more popular, there becomes a need for
more websites, and products geared toward owners of e-readers such as
the Barnes & Noble Nook. One new website that was recently launched
this week is http://eBookLendingLibrary.com
<http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
. eBookLendingLibrary.com <http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
is a website that caters to owners of the Nook.

"Our website makes finding partners to lend and borrow Nookbooks from
as easy as 1-2-3," explained the owner of the new site.

The way http://eBookLendingLibrary.com
<http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
works is that members can list ebooks that they have available to
lend out, as well as ebooks that they are looking to borrow from
others. If an ebook is a "Lend Me" ebook for the Nook, it may be lent
out 1 time for a period of 14 days. Before now there was not an easy
way to find people who had "Lend Me" Nook books, but now with the
eBookLendingLibrary <http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
, it becomes an easy task.

Users simply list the books they have/want, and other users can borrow
or lend. Users of the new website deal with an online cashless
currency referred to as "eBookDollars" (EBD for short). eBookDollars
can only be used at eBookLendingLibrary. They are used to charge other
users for borrowing ebooks from your library. eBookDollars may also be
earned by referring your friends to the new website, writing book
reviews, and making new posts in the forum.

http://eBookLendingLibrary.com <http://ebooklendinglibrary.com>
plans to introduce products & ebooks that can be purchased in
exchange for eBookDollars in the near future.

If you haven't heard or seen about this new website, we suggest
checking it out. You will be pleasantly surprised.

-----------------------------

According to Athima Chansanchai of MSNBC.com, there is new evidence
that the Nook Color is becoming more and more popular. Months ago when
one would check out social networking conversations on sites like
Twitter and Facebook, they would come to the conclusion that the
Amazon Kindle was the e-reader to buy. Recently however, things have
changed.

Twitter conversations have been showing more and more people favoring
the Nook and Nook Color e-readers when compared to the Kindle. The
advent of the Nook Color has definitely helped sales for Barnes &
Noble. The Nook Color provides something that the Kindle does not. It
now has the ability to act as a pseudo-tablet with the latest Android
upgrades. Previously, navigating the web, and doing things other than
reading books, was not easily done on the original Nook and Kindle
e-readers. However the Nook Color gives e-readers a whole new
dimension. For only $100 more than the Kindle or Nook, the Nook Color
may be well worth the additional dollars. You can read more from
Athima Chansanchai about this latest change in the e-reader industry
at
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/12/5822200-tweets-show-increasing-clout-of-nook-nook-co...

Thanks for reading. If you no longer wish to receive the Nook Book
Newsletter, please remove yourself from our list using the link below.

Reader
AtlAnn

Go FIGURE!  I have worked in technology and am still in technology for 25 years!  I love my Nook BUT......the lend me feature needs to be fixed.

Needed are:

1.  Working software even with some small issues.

2.  Clear documentation.

3.  Clear, concise videos.

4.  Answers to the Lend Me issue as apparently it has NEVER worked.  I got one at Christmas and the first one I lend ed showed - Lent, my friend never got it, it came back to me 14 days later saying it had been lent to me and RETIRED!!!!

So that book is now useless.

Some response from BN would be nice so a growing list of VERY UNHAPPY USERS over this issue which they have not removed from their selling features, their web-site, etc. Please can someone at BN address this honestly?

New User
Sloothin-granny

I'm with you and would like a lend me sight. I spend so much money on books that I'm worried my husband will cut me off. I read between 6 & 8 books a week and that gets costly. I don't have an extensive list of lend me books yet but am working on it.

BOOK JUNKY
Bibliophile
bklvr896

Sloothin-granny wrote:

I'm with you and would like a lend me sight. I spend so much money on books that I'm worried my husband will cut me off. I read between 6 & 8 books a week and that gets costly. I don't have an extensive list of lend me books yet but am working on it.

You can always use the public libraries in your area if they have eBooks.

Also, the larger publishers have already pulled most of their books from the LendMe program, so the select is pretty small these days.

As far any LendMe sites, there are several out there, but I believe that the idea of these sites is the reason the LendMe program was so limited to begin with.  Publishers don't want there to be sites out there were people can lend books back and forth, feeling it will cut into their sales.  The LendMe program was put in place to allow users to lend books within their circle of friends, the same way they do with DTBs, it wasn't and shouldn't have been, a method for people to set up sites.  Anymore than there should be sites where you can upload your DVDs and share them with everyone in the country.

Reader
321ashes
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a Tale of Two Goblins by H.P. Mallory to lend?

New User
cfolanj
0 Kudos

try joining http://bookfriend.me/

there are many books available there

New User
chikinman
0 Kudos

halibrat wrote:

im not brilliant with technology but i have found my nook very user friendly. my big question is does anyone have tips on how to link up with others to share books with. my library is growing and although not all have the lend me option alot do and i just hate to see them going to waste. im at the point that im wondering if i need to hire someone to set up a website for people to network. is there anything out there that im missing? (besides the tech wiz gene)

hali

I think your very right about the NOOK being user friendly at least.I'm only eleven years old and I know how to fully operate my NOOK 

Contributor
that22
0 Kudos

hey i have 120 books i dont have many well any freinds who enjoy reading as i do so id be happy to lend my email is anngill22@gmail.com