Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

nookbook didn't download

I just bought a book, and when I went to download it to my nook it wasn't there. I checked for new b&n content, and still nothing, I got on line, and it charged my card, but when I checked my online library the book wasn't there. I've turned my nookbook off, and that didn't work, and I even took the battery out, and still nothing. What can I do. I was charged for it, but I don't have it???

Shortee
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: nookbook didn't download

shortee wrote:

I just bought a book, and when I went to download it to my nook it wasn't there. I checked for new b&n content, and still nothing, I got on line, and it charged my card, but when I checked my online library the book wasn't there. I've turned my nookbook off, and that didn't work, and I even took the battery out, and still nothing. What can I do. I was charged for it, but I don't have it???

I've had this same thing happen last week. Someone said that sometimes it takes a little time to show up. But my book hasn't shown up since March 3. I, too, was charged and have received the B&N-generated e-mail that the book is available for download. But it's not in My Nook Library online.

I've double-checked airplane mode is off, wi-fi is on, and even forced it into 3G mode. It's just not there.

I dropped a note to megan@barnesandnoble.com, but haven't heard anything as yet. I haven't tried calling customer service yet. Will give it a couple more days.

All I can say is keep checking. Try turning your wi-fi on and off a couple of times.

The book I'm having problems with is "Farr Point" by Sam Havens; and at least one other person is having the same problem.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
JaOwens76
0 Kudos

Currently having the same issue with a book. If someone finds the solution please post it here I am calling CS in the morning to see what can be done on their end.

New User
KimB27
0 Kudos

Same thing happened to me.  I used gift cards and were charged for 3 books.  But 2 of them didn't download.  I called CS and they told me my card was not valid.  It is, so not sure what the problem is.  They told me to add another card.  I'll try it

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Update on missing book. This morning it wasn't in my library yet (book paid for 3/3).

So I was getting ready to call CS and went to my email accout to find the receipt. Just for grins, I clicked on the link to my library to open in a new window and there it was! So I closed the window and went to my online library from a new tab and the book was there.

If you have the e-mail receipt for the book, try clicking on the link to your library and see what happens.

EDIT -- but the book still won't download to my 3G.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
benji22
0 Kudos

This happened to me last week. I called CS and they told me I had to unregister and then reregister my Nook.  I did and the book was there when I reregistered. The downside is that I lost all of my shelves. I had to go back a create shelves and reshelve my books. It was a pain.

Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

Did you loose any books tho? I don't have a problem with the shelves. Since I only have like 5 books on mine

Shortee
Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

Re: nooks didn't download

I just called customer service, and they helped me. They had me unregister my nook, and reset my settings to the factory default. After a couple different try's they told me that it was something wrong with the book so they refunded my money, and pulled the book to get it fixed. For everyone else who was having problems call 800-the-book (843-2665). They really helped. I hope the rest of you can get it fixed. :smileyhappy:

Shortee
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

You may want to try turning off the nook and trying again.  Also which nook do you have because unless you have a 3G model you will have to connected to wifi to get check for new content to work.  I hope this helps you.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

I have the black, and white nook with wifi.

Shortee
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Is your nook connected to wifi? 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Contributor
shortee
0 Kudos

yeah. there was something wrong with the book so it wouldn't let me download it.

Shortee
Contributor
benji22
0 Kudos

No, I didn't lose any books. Everything was still there including the book that was giving me the problem to begin with.  I just lost my shelves and if I had been using the highlight or bookmark functions I would have lost those too.