New User
Kushka4paws
0 Kudos

transfer kindle books

This has probably already been asked but I can't seem to find any posts.  Can you transfer your Kindle books to the Nook?

Thanks,

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

Re: transfer kindle books

Nope. Kindle books work only on the Kindle and the Kindle apps. To my knowledge there is no way around that proprietary formatting.

Terry

Frequent Contributor
xamier
0 Kudos

LOL, it will depend on how computer savvy a person is and how willing to break the rules/law.I understand that there are ways to strip the drm and convert a kindle book, but they aren't legal.
I would think that Google would be a good place to start if you want to find out how to read kindle books on nook. Otherwise, Terry is correct, there is no legal way to read a Kindle book on a nook.

LadyTessie wrote:

Nope. Kindle books work only on the Kindle and the Kindle apps. To my knowledge there is no way around that proprietary formatting.

Terry

Xamier
Beware shiny objects that are free, for in this world there are no shiny objects that are free...Darkkin

New User
Kushka4paws
0 Kudos

bummer.

I'm going to return my Kindle so that I can purchase a Nook instead.

Ah, well, at least I only purchase one book. :smileyhappy:

Thanks so much for your time, I appreciate it!

New User
valenciyah
0 Kudos

There  just seem to be to many restrictions. If I purchase a book from B&N, and I purchase a book from S bookstore, they are both books. What's the difference where you read them. The point is I purchased a book from A, and would like to read it at B. Why are there "e-book police" lurking in the shadows to tell me where to read a book I purchased?

So....So....Sad

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

valenciyah wrote:

There  just seem to be to many restrictions. If I purchase a book from B&N, and I purchase a book from S bookstore, they are both books. What's the difference where you read them. The point is I purchased a book from A, and would like to read it at B. Why are there "e-book police" lurking in the shadows to tell me where to read a book I purchased?

So....So....Sad

Thank all the people who shared professional produced music, movies and TV programs through bit torrents and other media sharing Internet services. The rights management schemes are added to discourage copying the products without contributing to the revenue of people that expend considerable time and thought into producing the creative works, preparing them in a way that makes people want to pursue them and publicizing their availability.

Reader 2
just_jess
0 Kudos

In Google Play you can download the Kindle for Android app. You can then add Kindle items directly from your Amazon account to the Nook

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

just_jess wrote:

In Google Play you can download the Kindle for Android app. You can then add Kindle items directly from your Amazon account to the Nook

Except the NOOK FIrst Edition has no app store, let along the Google Play store.

Spam much?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

just_jess wrote:

Except the NOOK FIrst Edition has no app store, let along the Google Play store.

Spam much?

That last line was just rude!

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

robertVA wrote:

That last line was just rude!

Three posts.  All thread necromancy, all about Kindle books on NOOKs to which his/her Google Play "solution" doesn't apply, in a fifteen minute period.  

While it might be (and I don't agree with your opinion, but do agree that you have the right to have and voice it) rude to point it out, the poster's comment was most definitely spam.