New User
Teh_Tourist
0 Kudos

???

How do I download a book and put it onto my nook to where i can read it from there

Distinguished Wordsmith
MWorrell
0 Kudos

Re: ???

Are you talking about books purchased directly from Barnes and Noble, or from elsewhere?

New User
Teh_Tourist
0 Kudos

I just purchased Living Dead in Dallas from The Barnes and Noble store on my computer and I downloaded the .epub file and now I need to put it on my nook. I transfered the file over and the nook said " Cannot open book, Unsupported file format. Please help

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

Teh_Tourist wrote:

How do I download a book and put it onto my nook to where i can read it from there

Hi there and welcome to the Nook General Discussion forum (for e-ink models) I'll assume you have one of the Nook Classics and not a Nook Color.

For any books you have purchased from B&N, simply turn on wi-fi and go to the library icon. Select Library, and then scroll down the menu and select Check for new B&N content.

This will automatically download the books from your online B&N nook library to your nook.

If you are downloading epub format books from elsewhere, visit this web site and select Option 6; there is a video that explains sideloading content to your nook (it's also in the user's guide):

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/container/standard_bothnavs.asp?PID=35677

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

This is covered in the on page 92, Library Synchronization, of the Nook User Guide. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forums.

As a helful tip, please provide an understandable topic title.  "???" doesn't help anyone who might be browsing, and knows the answer, to help you.

Most people ignore titles that don't interest them or that they aren't knowledgable at.

Peace Love and Nook.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Contributor
Chio_Garu
0 Kudos

Whenever you encounter the 'unsupported file format' message, make sure that the file ends in .epub (and not something like epub.v2.epub), it should be the ISBN number followed by .epub. Best fix would be to hook your nook up to the computer, open the my documents folder and rename the ebook file to the appropriate ending.