11-23-2010 12:46 AM
I went into My Library on the Nook and selected "Check for new B&N Content". The update downloaded and installed itself. Only took about 5 minutes, I think.
11-23-2010 07:35 AM - edited 11-23-2010 07:37 AM
If you don't have access to WiFi:
Manual Download Instructions
1. Tap Settings on your NOOK's Home menu and make sure your NOOK battery charge is at 20% or more.
2. Connect your NOOK to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOK. A new, removable NOOK drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOK drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a "USB Mode" image on your NOOK screen.
3. Click the link above to download and save the software update to your computer. Please remember where you save this file on your computer.
4. Drag and drop the downloaded file onto the main directory of the NOOK drive. You should not create a new folder on the NOOK drive or add the file to an existing folder.
5. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOK drive after the file transfer is complete.
6. Your NOOK will recognize the file and proceed to install the updates.
7. Please do not turn off your NOOK during the installation process.
8. Once the installation is completed, your NOOK will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
9. Congratulations, your NOOK has been updated! If you need additional help, please call Customer Service NOOK support at 1-800-843-2665.
09-11-2013 07:30 PM
how do you do the update on 1st edition wifi?
Leave it on and connected to a wireless access point (sometimes called a hot spot) for a while. It should update to the version 1.7 firmware automaticly.
11-08-2013 04:21 PM - edited 11-08-2013 04:22 PM
01-03-2014 05:25 PM