Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
emily15
0 Kudos

what are these ink spots

I have these little spots on my nook first edition. what are they?  How did I get them?  I take great care of my nook.  And how do I get rid of them?

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Re: what are these ink spots

emily15 wrote:

I have these little spots on my nook first edition. what are they?  How did I get them?  I take great care of my nook.  And how do I get rid of them?

Where?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
BooperFH
0 Kudos

Clean your glasses.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

They maybe just finger smears try using a cleaning cloth on it.  If you mean spots on the outside though, that happens the white frame turns yellow after awhile.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

They maybe just finger smears try using a cleaning cloth on it.  If you mean spots on the outside though, that happens the white frame turns yellow after awhile.

Yellow ink spots?

keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have a very small spot on my N1E screen that looks like a dot from a blue ballpoint pen.  I noticed it within the first few weeks of having the nook.  I don't use ballpoint pens, but it was so small I just let it go.  I have no idea if it's actually ink or some weird thing with the screen.

Is that what you mean by ink spots?

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
_deb_
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Yellow ink spots?

It was a highlighter...  : )

Hope to see you later at...

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

My frame never turned yellow.

Neither has mine and I don't even use a skin on it.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

_deb_ wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Yellow ink spots?

It was a highlighter...  : )

Quite possibly a leaky one...

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

emily15 wrote:

emily you need to provide a little more information about the spots;

Are they on the eink screen, the bezel?

What color are they?

As much detail as you can, a picture would probably be helpful as well.

I'm not sure I would be able to answer your question but answering the above may help someone else give you an answer.

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

Why would it turn yellow? Mine hasn't.

To the OP, are the spots on the e-ink screen. What color are they? It's possible the screen just needs to be cleaned. Unless you mean they are black spots in the e-ink screen.

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

frantastk wrote:

shadowcat80 wrote:

Why would it turn yellow? Mine hasn't.

To the OP, are the spots on the e-ink screen. What color are they? It's possible the screen just needs to be cleaned. Unless you mean they are black spots in the e-ink screen.

Cause the oil that is in your skin especially the finger tips.  Maybe not an issue for some but I have oily skin and is constantly battling acne cause of it so I put a decalgirl on my nook so i wouldn't happen.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Contributor
Jasini
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if emily has some bad pixels. I've got a couple grey spots on mine (not big enough to bother me).