Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
oy06
0 Kudos

wifi issues

i cannot get on my wi fi at home but i can at barnes and noble. is anyone else having this problem? is there any way to fix it? i'd love to know. B&N and my internet provider have no answers.

Frequent Contributor
BookBridget
0 Kudos

Re: wifi issues

I got right in to my home WiFi the 1st day that I bought my nook.

I'd try calling CS again, maybe another tech coukd walk you through, it's worth a  try.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Are you letting the Nook scan and find your WiFi?  Do you have SSID broadcasting?  Do you have security on it, and are you putting in the correct password?  Do you have MAC address filtering on?

We really need more information, like does it find the network, but not connect, what exactly is or isn't happening.

Mine connects just fine.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ oy06,

Have you gone over to the Nook Q&A Support forum?

NOOK Q&A and Support

There are numerous posts and suggestions on how to go about troubleshooting your wi-fi.

New User
oy06
0 Kudos

I have a ssid address which the nook recognizes. I have put in my wep key and my internet provider has told me I dont have any security issues that wouldnt allow the nook to connect. My nook is connected and shows a full wifi signal. when I try to go to the "web" icon  I get the error message that says "web page not available" "Your nook's web browser could not load http://bn.com/. When I go to the shop icon I get the error message "network unavailable" please make sure you have network connectivity. When I go to settings under wifi it says connected to ZyXEL.OB7. Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Inspired Correspondent
Big_Dave_H
0 Kudos

When you put in your WEP key, are you putting in the passphrase (full alphanumerics) or the passkey (numbers 0-9 plus letters A-F)?  If it is the passphrase, try the passkey instead.  If you can't find the passkey, but know the passphrase, there are online translators you can use. 

Also, are you using open authentication or shared authentication?  In my own lab network tests, shared authentication did not work.