Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
BrenLeeNJ
0 Kudos

2 Nooks 1 Account ??

I was told @ B&N that 2 nooks could be registered to 1 account. Any help would be welcome!! Thanks!

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Re: 2 Nooks 1 Account ??

Yes, but I don't recommend it in most cases. B&N has said that we'll "soon" be getting current-page sync, and that could be rather inconvenient for multiple users on a shared account, depending on how it gets implemented.

See the link in my signature about sharing e-books within a family.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

BrenLeeNJ wrote:

I was told @ B&N that 2 nooks could be registered to 1 account. Any help would be welcome!! Thanks!

This is what I wrote on another thread about this topic:

I have two Nooks, one account.  Some people will tell you it is better to have separate accounts for each Nook, but for us one works better.  We don't use bookmarks, notes and usually don't read the same book at the same time.

I like it because I can buy a book on my Nook and it automatically appears on my wifes Nook and she doesn't have to do a thing.  If we had separate accounts we would have to side load the books onto one of the Nooks.  The only plus I would see having separate accounts is if B&N ever finishes up with the syncing of books on Nooks.  That could make it an issue if you have more than one person reading a book at the same time.  

And either way, you don't have to lend a book with a family member.  If you have one account it will load automatically anything you buy from B&N.  If you have separate accounts you can side load it onto the Nooks and just enter the credit card number you bought it with.  

Hope that helps.

---- You can find that whole conversation here:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/One-Account-Three-Nooks/td-p/649482

It goes into the whole "syncing books you are reading" issue as well.  In my case, it is not an issue at this time.  Might want to skim through that thread and see what others have written.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
New User
xirb
0 Kudos

HI Ozman69,

Are you stillsatisfied with having 2 Nooks on 1 account even after B&N finished their syncing?

I guess I woundn't mind syncing of current pages (since we probably wont be reading the same book at the same time), but I would hate if the "currently reading" was synced, becuase that would actually prevent us from reading 2 seperate books at the same time, since the one book last read would be synced as "currently reading" on both devices..(!??)

Thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

xirb wrote:

HI Ozman69,

Are you stillsatisfied with having 2 Nooks on 1 account even after B&N finished their syncing?

I guess I woundn't mind syncing of current pages (since we probably wont be reading the same book at the same time), but I would hate if the "currently reading" was synced, becuase that would actually prevent us from reading 2 seperate books at the same time, since the one book last read would be synced as "currently reading" on both devices..(!??)

Thanks!

The book you are currently reading is NOT synced across devices.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

I have to disagree.  Lately Ive been moving back and forth between my Nook and iPad, and each time I get the update message giving me the opportunity to go to the latest page recorded on the other device.  I can't imagine any use for syncing EXCEPT for the book you're currently reading.  The only place it's really useful.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

LarryOnLI wrote:

I have to disagree.  Lately Ive been moving back and forth between my Nook and iPad, and each time I get the update message giving me the opportunity to go to the latest page recorded on the other device.  I can't imagine any use for syncing EXCEPT for the book you're currently reading.  The only place it's really useful.

@MacMcK,

Perhaps we both understood the question/reply differently.

What I meant to say is that the book you are currently reading is not synced across devices.

That is:

If you have been reading bookA on Nook#1 and just read a few pages of bookB on Nook#2, when you pick up Nook#1 and press the currently reading button it will open BookA and not the book that you were reading on Nook#2 (bookB).

If you were to open BookB on Nook#1, it would then offer to take you to the reading position you were on on Nook#1, but as far as the currently reading button on your device, that will always open the last book you read on that device, not a book you (or another family member) was reading on another Nook.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Ah, yes.  I get it.  Syncing won't change what book you're currently in, only your position in a book.

The only time my wife and I ever bump into each other is the morning paper that we both read.

New User
xirb
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply! Problem solved then - since it then would be o problem to read two seperate books at once. Great!

Thanks.

I wish you a happy easter.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 662 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: