Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
SKYWRITERVISIONS
0 Kudos

ANY PROBLEMS RETURNING NOOKS

I received a black and white Nook for Christmas as a gift. It's a 1.5 software Ne1 (I think this is right). I guess about three months ago, I noticed that the screen had white line across the bottom making it very difficult to read. So, I ended using a lot of bookmarks to hold me place. Now, I see that this problem is common. My screen freezes sporadically, which is enough to make a reading experience, quite an experience.

Therefore, does anyone see a problem returning (their) Nook? I am not going to buy anymore books with this problem. Thanks for feedback.

SKYWRITER A=πr^2
Frequent Contributor
xamier
0 Kudos

Re: ANY PROBLEMS RETURNING NOOKS

No problem, quick and easy. I had a cracked button.

Xamier
Beware shiny objects that are free, for in this world there are no shiny objects that are free...Darkkin

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

SKYWRITERVISIONS wrote:

I received a black and white Nook for Christmas as a gift. It's a 1.5 software Ne1 (I think this is right). I guess about three months ago, I noticed that the screen had white line across the bottom making it very difficult to read. So, I ended using a lot of bookmarks to hold me place. Now, I see that this problem is common. My screen freezes sporadically, which is enough to make a reading experience, quite an experience.

Therefore, does anyone see a problem returning (their) Nook? I am not going to buy anymore books with this problem. Thanks for feedback.

Are asking if you can return it and get another one or are you asking if you can return it and get your money back.  

It is still under warranty so they should replace it for you.

New User
SKYWRITERVISIONS
0 Kudos

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! Sorry about the typos. During three things at one time! I will see what they say. I noticed that people on the forum were taking theirs back, and it seems there are no problems returning them. I just want a new one, or refurbished one.

Thanks again!

SKYWRITER A=πr^2
New User
SKYWRITERVISIONS
0 Kudos

Hi There! Sorry about the typos. Busy! I am going to take mine back and see what they say. I don't want the money back, I would prefer to have one that I can enjoy!

Thanks, again!

SKYWRITER A=πr^2
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 434 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: