Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
dkbtv
0 Kudos

Re: Adobe Digital Editions does not recognize my nook

Yes it is recognized

New User
Sistie

I have tried all combinations of this as well.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE, we have reverted to an earlier version of ADE, we have deleted the .adobe-digital-editions file from the Nook, unplugged it, plugged it back in, restarted both machine and computer.  Then we have tried ever combination of these things!  AGH!!!  Updated Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.  Nook is visable in Windows, but not visable in the ADE.  Any advice for a desperate lady? 

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

1) you are in a forum for the Nook First Edition -- do you HAVE a First Edition (the Nook HD/+ use MTP protocol and will never be visible to the ADE program; you register using a settings page ON THE DEVICE, and then drag&drop books to the proper directory using Windows)

2) there are TWO directories for ADE on the device, you have to delete both.

Baron Wulfraed
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 23 members 541 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: