Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
McKamie
0 Kudos

Android Nook Process BN eReader stopped

Trying to open an ebook on my phone using the android compatible nook and the message received is

'The application nook (process bn ereader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

I have turned the phone on/off, uninstalled/re-installed the application, archived the book and then pulled it back into the library etc. without success. 

I was able to open a book before my last download which was this morning. After that NONE of the books will open.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix the problem?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Android Nook Process BN eReader stopped

You might have more luck posting this in the Reader App forum rather than the e-ink Nook device forum. :smileyhappy:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Free-Reading-Apps-Technical/bd-p/eReaders

New User
fletch_02
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Process BN eReader stopped

I can't read my book

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

I have no problems jet...

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

fletch_02 wrote:

I can't read my book

If, like the original poster, you are having difficulty with a reader application on an Android phone you would be more likely to find someone able to answer your question in the reader applications forum.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Free-Reading-Apps-Technical/bd-p/eReaders

Added details about your issue would enhance their ability to identify a solution to your problem. Information like the make and model of your device, version of your reader application, which book you are having difficulty with (identify the publisher too), the complete text of any error messages you are seeing and whether you are experiencing the problem with any other eBooks.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 238 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: