Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mkirstein
0 Kudos

Anyone Notice Newspaper Delivery Times Have Deteriorated Recently?

I love my Nook - works well 90% of the time.  I am a newspaper fan and receive 2 per morning to the Nook - recently, the quality control related to timely posting has deteriorated.  Today 6/16 - it's 7:30 Central and the Wall Street Journal and Chicago Trib are not updated for today.  Last I checked these were morning papers!  I checked others on the main site - all but the NYT and Washington Post are one day old. 

Customer service is usually not helpful - I'll send an email question - they get back 24 hours later and ask me to call - it isn't a Nook issue - it's an issue with the newspapers not being posted on the server to download on Nook, e reader or any other vehicle to read.  2 papers a month is the same cost of 2-3 books - if my books didn't download, cust service would be all over trying to fix it - newspapers should be treated with the same level of quality.  Forget trying to get a credit for a day were the paper isn't delivered to Nook - cust service has no idea how they'd do that on a subscription.  It's small dollars, but high on customer service.

Admin - don't know if you mine this forum - but if you do - you guys have a long way to go to fix newspapers postings.  Seems like it'd be simple process - paper provides digital file each morning around 3 or 4 AM, BN uploads to servers and you have person(s) who do a QC each morning by 5 AM and make sure customers like us will have our paper.  If there is an issue with posting (maybe a bad file from publisher or something) post a note on Daily that says it's coming or you are working on it.  Some level of communication - right now you get nothing. 

Heck - you can even have the person who QC's the upload read the paper over coffee - they'll be the smartest person in the building each morning. 

Appreciate any help from BN employees to make this process work 99% of the time.

Reader 2
ERB65
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Notice Newspaper Delivery Times Have Deteriorated Recently?

Mined did not download at "Wallsteet Journal" so puchased a New times and it downloaded yesterdays

New User
sgspires68
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone Notice Newspaper Delivery Times Have Deteriorated Recently?

I've got the same problem. I subscribe to the The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post daily. On 16 June 10 neither one came to my Nook. I thought it might have been a time issue or related to the network. I purchased a copy of The New York Times around 3 p.m. Eastern for delivery to see what would happen. The 15 June 2010 copy was delivered.

The 16 June 2010 copy of The Washington Post was delivered this morning - 17 June 2010 - and the The Wall Street Journal has yet to be delivered. Something similar happened about a month ago - some time in May 2010 - but only happened for a few hours.

It's disappointing to pay for a product, such as digital delivery, and have little recourse to report your purchased content as being late or not delivered.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 8 members 706 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: