Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Vicki1624
0 Kudos

Aps won't open or load

I have a color HD Nook that I got 6 months ago.  It's been working fine and I love it for reading and some games and internet access.  Yesterday though when I would tap an application.... instead of the application opening...it would say it was loading...then  would give me a message that said.  It was unable to load the application and that I should delete some things from my Library before trying again. 

I don't have many books at all in the library...maybe 15.  And I have the apps that origninall came with the Nook, plus a couple I downloaded for my grandkids.  When I check my storage capacity it says that my internal storage is only 28% full.

I did however go back and delete a couple of books i had finished, and even deleted some apps that I never use...but still, it won't open most apps including Word off. 

Any suggestions?  Advice? 

Inspired Contributor
robertVA

Re: Aps won't open or load

This forum is frequented by people using the original e-ink Nook First Edition, which only uses the chess and Sodiku apps that came preloaded in that reader. Your Nook HD inquiry would gain the attention of more people who might be able to help in the NOOK HD/HD Support forum http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/bd-p/NOOKHDSUPPORT or click/tap the "Browse Book Clubs" link ear the top of this page for a list of links to B&N's "Book Clubs" forums.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 636 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: