Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
AManda96
0 Kudos

BOOK HELP

I already purched a couple nook books and instead of it taking it off my gift cards it took it from my credit card. I put a hold on that order and it will not go through. I change credit cards and am trying to rebuy the books but now its telling me that I cant do that... What do I do?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: BOOK HELP

You'll have to contact Customer Service. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They're the only ones who can do anything with your account and purchases.

Are you sure your purchases came off your credit card? There's been an ongoing problem since the Christmas rush that gift-card balances are not being updated immediately—it can take days before they show the reduced amount. A lot of people just assume that their credit cards were charged instead. If the order shows "Not Yet Shipped" (go to My Account at the top of this page and select Order Status), it probably hasn't been taken off your gift card yet.

New User
AManda96
0 Kudos

I c alled them 2 times already and they still have not fixed it and they said it was charged to my credit card duue to problems with the gift card payment opions and that it was being fixed. Iam on the phone with them now so lets see what happens...

New User
newtonookGL
0 Kudos

I purchased 2 books on Jan. 3.  They still say not shipped.  Do you know how long it takes?  I just purchased my Nook on Jan. 1, so I am new to this.  I would really like to get started reading on it. 

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

"Not shipped" just means that it hasn't been billed and the confirmation email hasn't been sent out. The e-book is able to be read as soon as you buy it... unless it was a pre-order, of course.

New User
newtonookGL
0 Kudos

The books on my Nook say "cannot open book - unsupported file type" 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

newtonookGL wrote:

The books on my Nook say "cannot open book - unsupported file type" 

Did you download the books directly to the Nook via WiFi or 3G?  Or did you download to the computer and then copy to the Nook?

New User
newtonookGL
0 Kudos

All I did was purchase them and they showed up on my Nook, so I assume that is by the wi fi.

New User
newtonookGL
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did purchase them on the computer.  I also did the update to 1.5 or whatever after I purchased them.

New User
newtonookGL
0 Kudos

I just archived the books, then unarchived and downloaded the books and this worked.  I kept reading some help articles and figured this out.  Thanks,

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

You'll have to contact Customer Service. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They're the only ones who can do anything with your account and purchases.

Are you sure your purchases came off your credit card? There's been an ongoing problem since the Christmas rush that gift-card balances are not being updated immediately—it can take days before they show the reduced amount. A lot of people just assume that their credit cards were charged instead. If the order shows "Not Yet Shipped" (go to My Account at the top of this page and select Order Status), it probably hasn't been taken off your gift card yet.

Doug,

I posted about this problem a week ago, with no response from B&N.

This is NOT a case of the Gift Card balance not updating. The default credit card is being charged despite the fact there is a gift card registered to the account with sufficient balance for the purchase.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 643 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: