Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
Ladybug01
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble Nook account - order status on books

On my Barnes and Noble Account, every book that has been downloaded into my Library since 12/25/2010  still shows as "Not Shipped Yet".  No confirming email for the books has been sent to me.  The books are in my Library and can be downloaded to read on my Nook.  Why can't the Barnes and Noble System complete the process by send the confirming email for the books and show them as "Shipped" in my Order Status on my Account?  Is anyone else having this Problem?  I have emailed and talked to Customer Service numerous times and get a different story and promise each time.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Re: Barnes and Noble Nook account - order status on books

Ladybug01 wrote:

On my Barnes and Noble Account, every book that has been downloaded into my Library since 12/25/2010  still shows as "Not Shipped Yet".  No confirming email for the books has been sent to me.  The books are in my Library and can be downloaded to read on my Nook.  Why can't the Barnes and Noble System complete the process by send the confirming email for the books and show them as "Shipped" in my Order Status on my Account?  Is anyone else having this Problem?  I have emailed and talked to Customer Service numerous times and get a different story and promise each time.

Because they are backlogged from last year. Mine finally came through 3 weeks after the books were purchased and read!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

Ladybug01 wrote:

Because they are backlogged from last year. Mine finally came through 3 weeks after the books were purchased and read!!

Is this really even a "problem"?  I have two books from 1/21 and 1/28 that show as "not yet shipped," and one from 1/27 that has been "shipped."  They're showing on my B&N account and I guess if I had the energy to get up and get my nook, I could confirm that I can download them there.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Ladybug01 wrote:

Mine are like that but to be frank, I really don't care.  I have the books, my gift cards have been charged, so basically, I'm missing and email and it says Not Shipped yet.  I've got way more important things to worry about that a few missing emails.

Contributor
DakotaFella
0 Kudos

Same thing and I attribute this to backlogs and system problems, near as I can tell. There is no pattern to this that I can see. I have had some charges go through the next day, others are still not showing from last month. I have my books, so I don't lose any sleep. I have noticed that anytime I download a free book, my credit card shows a temporary authorization for $1.00 that lingers around for a few days then goes away without a charge. I sent B&N an e-mail asking about this about three weeks ago, never did get a reply. I did get a e-mail from B&N reminding me that I had a book in my cart, which was in error, 1) my cart was indeed empty and 2) the e-mail indicated a book I'd never heard of. Sent them an e-mail about this as well, never did get a reply on that either. Again, not losing any sleep on it, but I do monitor my charge card closely. Oh well, life in the digital age, eh?

DakotaFella

Dear Math, solve your own problems, I am already dealing with mine.
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DakotaFella wrote:

I have noticed that anytime I download a free book, my credit card shows a temporary authorization for $1.00 that lingers around for a few days then goes away without a charge.

This is normal. B&N needs to make sure that your credit card is valid before using the credit card number to generate the encryption key for its DRM. So they do a pre-authorization of $1 and then never actually charge it.

Contributor
DakotaFella
0 Kudos

Thanks Doug, I kind of that it was something like that.

DakotaFella

Dear Math, solve your own problems, I am already dealing with mine.
New User
psychmanager
0 Kudos

I am having a problem reconciling  books I've ordered and charges to my credit card account. I wish there was a way to track this in my B&N account. I went through my library today with my statement. There are 7 charges on my account that I don't recognize, and 4 items that haven't yet posted to my credit card. The oldest is from 12/29/2010. I called customer service and he wasn't helpful at all. He simply said they were having issues with processing orders. Any suggestions?

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Click on my account at the top of this web page.

From there you will be able to view recent orders, and you should be able to reconcile the charges on your account with the eBook orders.

You should also be able to determine which charges are still pending, by comparing your account statement to the lists of orders.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 658 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: