Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
jamielinell
0 Kudos

Bookmark sync between NOOK and iphone?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I didn't see any posts about it that weren't out-dated. I just bought a NOOK and was really looking forward to syncing bookmarks between the ereader and my iphone.  I thought I read that this feature exists...was I wrong? Because it's certainly not working right now.

Thanks,

Jamie

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

Re: Bookmark sync between NOOK and iphone?

@jamielinell

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

I don't believe that Nook sychronizes bookmarks -- only Current Reading Position.  See page 84 of the User Manual.

Note that technically, the syncing doesn't take place between your Nook and your iPhone.  Your Nook updates your B&N Library on B&N's servers, then your iPhone syncs to the status you're showing at B&N.  A two-step process, with B&N in the middle (page 64).

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
Mahgnillig
0 Kudos

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have a related question but didn't want to start another thread for essentially the same thing... so here goes.

I've noticed that my Android phone will automatically skip to the page I was reading on my Nook as long as I sync both (via the server, as the post above states).  However, my Nook won't skip to the page I was reading on my phone.  Is there a way to get the Nook & phone to sync both ways?

Thanks,

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@Mahgnillig

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

That's an interesting question.  Check on the Nook Apps Board -- I'll bet someone has already asked about it for the Android app.  If not, start a thread and maybe you'll get an answer.

Here's the link:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Apps-Technical-Support-iPad/bd-p/eReaders

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Mahgnillig wrote:

Hi :smileyhappy:

I have a related question but didn't want to start another thread for essentially the same thing... so here goes.

I've noticed that my Android phone will automatically skip to the page I was reading on my Nook as long as I sync both (via the server, as the post above states).  However, my Nook won't skip to the page I was reading on my phone.  Is there a way to get the Nook & phone to sync both ways?

Thanks,

A two way sync is needed.

When finished reading on the Android, press the little sync symbol to send current position to the server.  (You also have to make sure it syncs to fetch your current position before you start reading, but mine usually does this by itself).

On the nook, you have to let it fall asleep in the book with airplane mode off to have it sync, or you have to exit the book manually, and then give it some time to sync.

When opening the book on the nook, you have to manually select Go to menu, and have it fetch the location from the server.

So as long as you remember there are a couple manual steps involved it does seem to work.

Reader
Mindigo
0 Kudos

So I can now sync from nook to iphone, but not vice versa.  I have tried turning the airplane mode on and off on my nook, and then trying to check for new content, but so far, nada.  Any help here?

Thank you!

New User
Excambrian
0 Kudos

How do I sync my nook to my iphone?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 225 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: