Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TogetherForGood
0 Kudos

Bookmarks remembered... Help, please!

Since the update to the software I no longer have bookmarks if I move away from my furthest read page.

Is this happening to other users?

I loved the "furthest read point" feature. I want it back!

Am I missing some setting by which I may fix this myself?

Many thanks,

Ang

www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Re: Bookmarks remembered... Help, please!

A newbie, I only have experience with v1.5.

But I quickly learned that, if I need to go back/forward in the book I am reading (e.g., to look up a word, check the TOC, admire the cover art, etc.),  I need to bookmark the page I am on so I can get back to it.

Obvioulsy, if I exit the book and do other nook things (go to Library, Shop, etc.), the "Reading Now" button takes me right back to where I left off.  And the page you were reading is kept for all books you have open (I have 3 books I am shuffling back and forth, and when I grab one from the shelf, it rerturns me to the last page I had open.

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Frequent Contributor
TogetherForGood
0 Kudos

Shiloh, you are correct as far as that being a good self-fix. I do, however, find it annoying as "the furthest read point" feature was so sensible. And it is such a reasonable thing to ask for.

Does anyone know if this is being worked on? Seems like it would be an easy fix and worthy of an update.

www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

I agree...that would be (was?) a great feature.  If it was lost in the 1.5 upgrade, that's unfortunate.

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 1,024 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: