Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
Ameryan
0 Kudos

Books Gone

I am appealing for help here, due to the problems people seem to have with the customer support. I did look through the forums trying to find others with the same problem, but didn't see this issue where I looked.

My books were gone ... the cover was there, and the synopsis, but they needed to be downloaded again, which I did. Then today, at lunch, when I went to read at work.... same thing. Not there. Need to be re-downloaded.

Another problem is the Nook won't join my work WIFI ---- I have no clue why. Is it possible it won't join it as it uses a proxy?  The G3 is not being picked up here. I am way inside a building in a rural area.

I hope I can download them again at home, but why are they going away? THis is very annoying, when you think you are going to read during your lunch time and instead have to re-deal with a problem that you dealt with last night when you thought you were going to read before bed. This is really cutting into my reading time!!

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Books Gone

@Ameryan

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

That is not normal behavior.  Try turning your Nook off (white screen), give it a minute, then turn it on again.  If that doesn't bring your books back, you should give Customer Service a call at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665).  Select Option 2 for Digital Support, and describe the problem to them.

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 285 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: