Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Books Missing from B&N Library and NOOK

Nallia wrote:

LarryOnLI wrote:

I am unable to edit my original post to this thread (apparently you can only edit replies, not the OP).

I was mistaken earlier, there are missing books ONLY in my online library. The library on my NOOK appears to be intact.

Mine too.  Unfortunately, I don't trust it to stay that way if I buy something and my NOOK syncs with my NOOK Library.

For what it is worth: I "bought" today's Free Friday book and downloaded it to my NOOK without losing any of the books that are missing from my online library.

That said, I don't blame you for keeping your NOOK in airplane mode until this issue is resolved.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm sure it's just an error in the GUI pulling data from the database and the books aren't truly gone, just not showing up in the online library.  But I'm paranoid.  I spent a lot of money on those books!  :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
KikiL
0 Kudos

I'm also missing a lot of books from my online library, including the Dennis Lehane I just bought a day or two ago and the free Friday book I just downloaded!  They are on my nook, though. Hopefully it's just a software glitch as I'd hate to have to go back through my records to document all the books I've downloaded since getting my nook in May!  

Contributor
tricespencer
0 Kudos

To add insult to injury, I just looked at the order status on my account and the orders for books that I just purchased (and have on my Nook) are not there either.  It's a good thing that I save all my email confirmations!

Contributor
Nookified
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I got curious and checked my B&N online account. Library online only has 68 books. While my Nook says 130. All the books missing from the online library are purchased books.And none in the archive. Think i'll leave mine in airplane mode also till this is figured out.

Thanks to all who noticed this,appreciate it!

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else have books disappear from their "My Nook Library" this morning?

I too have 7 books missing, the funny thing is that they show on the "My B&N" but not in my "Nook Library".  Several are books that I just purchased too!  They are not in my archive either.  Another reason to love the nook, right?  I'm glad I always download them to my PC as soon as I get them.

Frequent Contributor
nookster
0 Kudos

I, too, am missing books from my B&N library. My nook is at home so I can't check it, but it is none the less disturbing to have the online library missing titles. I was afraid this was going to happen at some point. I'm glad I saved all my email receipts as well! Hope they get it fixed soon... it's more than a few dollars I've spent. Like an idiot I had procrastinated with doing a backup. Lesson learned.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I checked my library as well although I only have my ipad to see if it's missing any books. 

With further research on my B&N library when I float the mouse over the picture of the book, on the screen that has the green background, some say go to my ebook library and some don't.  When I select "My ebook library" on the lift sidebar the books are not there at all.  I did a test on my ipad (with nook app) and selected the books that were not showing in "My ebook library" and they are on my ipad.  I do not have my nook with me to see if this is the case with it, will have to check later.

It appears that the books that are missing are books that were free and most of them quite some time ago.  All of the books I paid for are accounted for.

I also saved all of my receipts from my online purchases but it's going to be a hassel to go through each one and grab the numbers because the email confirmation does not have the name of the book in the subject line.

Hope they figure this out.

Karen / lilk13

http://lilk13.blogspot.com

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
tumbling_block
0 Kudos

I have a total of 333 books on my nook (not including archived books). On the B&N website in my nook library it shows that I have 274 - missing 59. They are on my nook - just not showing up online. There is no rhyme or reason - some books were free friday books, some paid for, some I got through the nook, some through BN. I don't understand it.
Paul do you know what's going on?
Thanks!

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I am also missing books and some are those I paid for.

Like Under the Dome and the Stand.

On MY B&N it says I can add books from 176 books I purchased - My Library has a listing for 136 books and 22 archived, so it appears I am missing about 18 books........

I do have them on the Nook for PC application on my PC....

What's going on here????

Nallia
0 Kudos

lilk wrote:

It appears that the books that are missing are books that were free and most of them quite some time ago.  All of the books I paid for are accounted for.

Interesting.  All 10 of the books I've bought in the past two weeks are on my list of those missing from my online library. 

Inspired Correspondent
Mupples
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I noticed the same thing. I'm missing all of my Stephen King and a few others. I had about 20-25 and now it says I have 10 ebooks?

Edit:They are still under my Nook, I unarchived one and I could still read it. Must be a glitch or something.

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

I just went to loan someone a book, so I used the My NOOK library on BN.com.  I was surprised to find that more than 100 books are missing from my library.  They're still on my NOOK, so I switched to airplane mode.  Till things are sorted out, I don't want them missing if it "updates"...

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

All,

It appears that the missing books are related by author name.

I've noticed that all my books by David Weber, Jim Butcher, and Stephan King are gone.

From an earlier post by Nallia I know that all her Jim Butcher books are missing.

Mupples reports that all of his Stephan King books are missing.

While this is obviously not a comprehensive list of all authors involved in the "Mystery of the Missing eBooks", can other people verify that they are missing ALL books by these authors (if you had them of course)?

Also if you are missing a book, are you missing all books by that author?

Nallia
0 Kudos

I agree they seem to be related to the authors.  If I have multiple books by a missing author, they are all missing.

Nallia
0 Kudos

I wonder if it has to do with the publisher.  None of my B&N classics are missing.  I'll have to go through the missing books and check who published them.

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

They probably are author related.  I'm missing more than 100 books, too many to exhaustively check, but Patricia Briggs and Jim Butcher are not there.

Either way, I called technical support just a minute ago.  One of the servers is undergoing maintenance, and some books aren't showing up in our online libraries.  The tech guy assured me that it's an online problem only.  The books shouldn't disappear from our physical NOOKs, and the problem is expected to be resolved within 24 hours.  I did notice that my NOOK for PC app still has the books, as does my NOOK.

Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

I wonder if it has to do with the publisher.  None of my B&N classics are missing.  I'll have to go through the missing books and check who published them.

Agreed. I have all of my B & N Classics but they are about all that is left now. All my Stephen King, Ken Follett, Kate Atkinson, etc.. are missing now. They are still on my PC and my Nook. I have my Nook in airplane mode.

Nallia
0 Kudos

I just looked through my list, and all of my books published by Penguin Group, St. Martin's Press, Zondervan, Orbit, and Tom Doherty & Associates are missing.  Only two from Harper Collins are missing; I have most of those.  I am also missing a Simon & Schuster title, but I only had one.

The Harper Collins books may negate my publisher theory, but I still find it odd that most of the books on my missing list were published by Penguin Group and I don't have a single one by them in my online library.

Contributor
PKARP
0 Kudos

wordsandmelodies wrote:

They probably are author related.  I'm missing more than 100 books, too many to exhaustively check, but Patricia Briggs and Jim Butcher are not there.

Either way, I called technical support just a minute ago.  One of the servers is undergoing maintenance, and some books aren't showing up in our online libraries.  The tech guy assured me that it's an online problem only.  The books shouldn't disappear from our physical NOOKs, and the problem is expected to be resolved within 24 hours.  I did notice that my NOOK for PC app still has the books, as does my NOOK.

This would explain the loss assuming they group by author in their NAS or whatever devices.  
To confirm what another poster stated, I didn't lose my (online) missing books from my (physical) Nook when I checked for online content after purchasing another ebook just a few minutes ago.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 611 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: