Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
nookster
0 Kudos

Re: Books Missing from B&N Library and NOOK

I have purchased two books by Stephen King - The Stand and Under the Dome. The Stand is still in my online library, Under the Dome is not. Hmmnnn...:smileysurprised:

Contributor
tumbling_block
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else have books disappear from their "My Nook Library" this morning?

I just got off the phone with customer serivce regarding the issue of: the BN Nook Library - online missing books that are still showing up on our nooks. He said that some people are not able to access the My Nook Library on the B&N website, they  are having server problems and are anticipating having the problem solved soon.

Contributor
tumbling_block
0 Kudos

B&N are aware of the problem.  I just got off the phone with customer serivce regarding the issue of: the BN Nook Library - online missing books that are still showing up on our nooks. He said they are having server problems and are anticipating having the problem solved soon.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

8 books missing from My Nook Library on BN.com for me.  They still appear on my Nook and in Nook for PC.

Distinguished Correspondent
Saint_Nookolas
0 Kudos

Mine's all jacked up too...

Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing this out!  Like the multitude of others who have found they have the problem, I do as well.  This includes the eBook featured for $2.99 yesterday through Facebook and Twitter feeds, The Brooklyn Follies, and I just purchased it at the promotional price late yesterday afternoon.  But older eBook also have disappeared from my archives as well.

I hope this is merely a technical glitch.  I am a bit unnerved that as I've posted this the original post is over 14 hours old with many users concurring with the assessment since then and not one response from an official at B&N to acknowledge they are even looking into the problem.

With so many people responding I'm sure this is an 'across-the-board' problem.  Help make everyone aware so the complaints will pile up for this issue.  Clearly it is a big problem

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Yep, I'm missing at least 5 books from my online library (which lists 133 books) compared to my file of downloaded backup copies, which has at least 138 (provided my math is right).  

Storm Front by Jim Butcher and Under the Dome by Stephen King are two that are definitely missing.  I'm too tired to do a detailed comparison, but this would be very annoying if not resolved soon.  Storm Front was at least free, and I've already read it, so I'm not really "losing" anything there, but I paid for Under the Dome.  

Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

I'm with you NJMetal, I'm afraid to make any purchases until they get this situation under control.  I just purchased two books on 10/31/2010 and they are missing from my library.  I'm afraid to make any new purchases with the fear that they will disappear before I get to download them.

What's up B&N?  No one is saying anything.  I reported it and someone else has called the customer service phone number to report it, as usual they keep us in the dark.

Is anyone else beginning to feel like a mushroom?

Pinky

Contributor
Ealisaid
0 Kudos

I am missing 19 eBooks from My Nook Library. Thank goodness that they still exist on my PC and Nook. However, I would still like to know - What is going on???  :smileymad:

Wordsmith
NookGuy

Apparently, this seems to be a problem with the B & N website related to the display of your Nook library. I rarely check my Nook online library as I always download and save my books, plus keep multiple backups. After reading this thread I checked my online library and lo and behold, the majority of my paid books were gone. A few were still there, as well as all of the free classics.

These books are still on my Nook. Just to check more, I downloaded and installed Nook for PC. As I surmised, the books showed up there, and you can download them through the application. For those of you who haven't downloaded and saved your e-books, you might want to install the Nook for PC program and download your books from there and save them off to another disk.

I also checked my library on the Nook for Android app on my cellphone. All of my e-books are accessible there. So again, this seems like a rather annoying website glitch.

In any event, your books are still there and I'm sure the website glitch will eventually get cleared up. I am surprised that B & N hasn't made a formal announcement about this in the forums, which would have helped allay the fears of folks who suddenly find a good chunk of their online library missing!

Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

I tried an experiment last night. I am still missing 17 books, but they are on my computer and my Nook. I "bought" the free Fridays book last night and it went through w/o a hitch. It's present on my online Nook library as well as my Nook and my computer in Nook for PC.

Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Hm... I'm missing about a dozen books online. Still available on nook PC, and of course my nook's been in Sleep Mode since last I used the WiFi.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Wordsmith
Pink_Maiden
0 Kudos

Hi gang,

Well 5 out of 7 of my books are back in my library.  So hopefully this problem is on it's way out.

Did anyone else have books returned to their library this morning?

Pinky:smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Yep, mine are all back.  When I called yesterday, they expected the problem to last less than a day, and it looks like it has.  :~)

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

My 100+ missing books are back in my online library.  I'm guessing other people's are, too.  *grins* 

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

We have been working behind the scenes on a fix.  Everything should be fine by now if not now shortly.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

My 8 missing are back as well.  Glad to see they resolved it fairly quickly.

Contributor
dl1244
0 Kudos

I went on line today 11/6 and half my books are not listed,  They listed on my nook though?

I don't want to look the list online incase something should happen to my nook. 

I don't think the glitch is fixed.

Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

Yep, disaster averted! All my books are back. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

Mine are all back :smileyhappy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 276 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: