Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Books Missing from B&N Library and NOOK

A user posted on the general discussion board that they were missing books from their library on the website, which has been renamed "My NOOK Library" (very confusing when trying to differentiate between the library at BN.com and the library on my NOOK).

Other users have checked their libraries and found books missing as well.

I checked my library both online and on my NOOK and have books missing from both as well as a different book count on both.

I'm sure there is nothing more nefarious than a botched software update on the website going on, but I would appreciate if this issue was responded to and corrected ASAP.

Contributor
robotto
0 Kudos

Anyone else have books disappear from their "My Nook Library" this morning?

I noticed this morning after picking up the Friday book "Crush" by Alan Jacobson, that the book count in "My Nook Library" was 7 books lower than I thought it should be. I was expecting 190 (it was 189 last night) and was only 183 this morning.

It took a few minutes, but I found the books no longer listed in my library are:

Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins
Exposure by Brandilyn Collins
Hour of the Hunted by J. A. Vance
Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon
Reckless by Cornelia Funk
Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
The Keeper by Sarah Langan

After I found these 7, I noticed that the "My Nook Library" book count was now only 182. So another book had disappeared !! It was:

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

I've watched it for a while now, and no further books have disappeared from the list. All of these titles that are missing were free eBooks at some point in time. I synced my Nook and my Nook for Android App and both of those show the correct count of books. Also, when I go to "My BN" and display the "my library" page showing the matrix of book covers, all 190 books are displayed there.

Is anyone else missing books listed in their "My Nook Library". I'm not sure if they are actually gone, or if there is a problem with the web site this morning. At any rate, I'm glad that I do back-up all of my purchases on a PC as a precaution.

Contributor
robotto
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else have books disappear from their "My Nook Library" this morning?

An update - using Nook for Android, I was able to download one of books missing from the "My BN Library" web page. So it looks like a web site issue.

Correspondent
toy4x4
0 Kudos

This belongs in the Tech Support forum

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@robotto:

I'm missing 13, I think, including many of the same free books listed in your post.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@robotto (et al)

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Make sure that your Nook is not in Airplane Mode (i.e., 3G and/or WiFi are active), go to your B&N Library, and press "Check for New Content".  Your books should come back.  Sometimes you need to do this a couple of times.

If that doesn't work, try turning your Nook off, wait a few minutes, then turn it on again and Check for New Content again.

If THAT doesn't work, time to call Customer Support.  Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
bookbug127
0 Kudos

Thanks for mentioning this. I just checked and my number is way off too. I had like close to 200 books and now I have 80. I was just looking through some of it and it seem the missing ones don't have anything in common. Some were books I purchased, some were free. I'm hoping this is just a temporary website issue. I'm glad I've made a back up of my files, and this is exactly why.

Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

Same here. I'm missing about 25 books and most of the missing books are ones I bought. The ones that are still there are mostly fee ones, predominantly B & N classics, but not all. Some are ones that I bought for as much as 9.99. ~shrugging shoulders~

I am also glad that I back up my harddrive 2x a week and so have all my books backed up on an external drive and my laptop.

Hopefully it's just that the website is undergoing some maintainance of some sort.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

There are also books missing from my library AND from my NOOK.

Reader 4
sean5150
0 Kudos

i'm missing a bunch as well.  Although they show up missing on the website I am still able to download them to my ipod.  

Frequent Contributor
bookbug127
0 Kudos

I just checked my nook and if I show archived items they show up there and the one I tested downloaded and opened fine, so I'm guessing it's just an issue with the website. I also e-mailed customer service to make them aware of the issue. Hopefully they'll get it fixed up soon.

Contributor
tricespencer
0 Kudos

Re: Books Missing from B&N Library and NOOK

I am missing almost half of my books, including the ones that I just bought on Tuesday and am currently reading.  I will not sync or check for new content until all of my books are back showing in the My Nook library on the web site.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

The missing books include everything by Jim Butcher and David Weber (these are books I PAID for).

Contributor
twomaddogz
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  My online "My NOOK Library" is only showing a few of the books that I have purchased.  I agree with LarryOnLI that this is likely just a software glitch, but I sure hope that B&N sorts it out soon.

I also agree that the renaming of the online library from "My eBooks Library" to "My NOOK Library" is confusing.  I suppose that "technically" if all is working as it should both the online "My NOOK Library" and the library on the Nook itself should be the same....so maybe it does make sense.  Plus, throw in that there is another "my library" under the "My BN" profile and the confusion continues!

With that said - I LOVE my NOOK!

Frequent Contributor
MaleficentIL
0 Kudos

Same thing happened to me today.  It seems all my books appear on my Nook but 1/3 of the books I paid for are not showing up in my B&N Library.  I really hope this is a technical problem that will be fixed very soon.

Frequent Contributor
bookbug127
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had this happen as well, as I posted on the other thread. I also e-mailed customer service. I received a reply quickly telling me that all my books are just in my archive section instead of my library. *facepalm* I replied that I was actually talking about my archive, but haven't heard a response back from that yet.

Hopefully, they get this figured out soon. I'm missing like 120 books from my archive, I'm sure glad I back everything up every couple of weeks.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There doesn't seem to be anything missing from my NOOK at the moment, but I have Airplane Mode ON.  There are 50 books missing from my NOOK Library on B&N, though.  48 of them have disappeared completely:

Patricia Briggs

• Moon Called
  • Blood Bound
  • Iron Kissed
  • Bone Crossed
  • Silver Borne
  • Masques

Jim Butcher

• Furies of Calderon
  • Academ's Fury
  • Cursor's Fury
  • Princep's Fury
  • First Lord's Fury
  • Storm Front
  • Fool Moon
  • Grave Peril
  • Summer Knight
  • Death Masks
  • Blood Rites
  • Dead Beat
  • Proven Guilty
  • White Night
  • Small Favor
  • Turn Coat
  • Changes
  • Side Jobs

P. C. Cast

• Hunted
  • Marked
  • Betrayed
  • Chosen
  • Untamed
  • Tempted
  • Burned

S. L. Farrell

• Holder of the Lightning

Christine Feehan

• Magic in the Wind

John Flanagan

• The Ruins of Gorlan

Yasmine Galenorn

• Dragon Wytch

Alton Gansky

• The Incumbent

Laurel K. Hamilton

• Guilty Pleasures

N. K. Jemisin

• The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
  • The Broken Kingdoms

Karen Kingsbury

• Take One

Marjorie M. Liu

• The Iron Hunt
  • Darkness Calls

Lena Meydan

• Twilight Forever Rising

Alexey Pehov

• Shadow Prowler

Sidney Sheldon

• Rage of Angels

L. J. Smith

• Shadow Souls

Margaret Weis

• Bones of the Dragon

Lauren Weisberger

• Chasing Harry Winston

Two others are in my NOOK Library archive and they shouldn't be.  They are currently unarchived on my NOOK:

Cyrano de Bergerac and Dracula

These are the ONLY books in my archive, so my missing books did NOT somehow misteriously end up there.

I don't know what's going on, but I will not be turning Airplane Mode off until this is fixed.  I had planned on buying a few books today but won't be doing that either until this is fixed.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

I just checked my archive to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I have NO books in my archive.

"My NOOK Library" online says I have 124 books.

"My B&N Library" on my NOOK says I have 140 books.

I have not checked all books, however I have verified that:

2 Books buy Jim Butcher (one purchased and one free) are no longer showing up in my online library but do appear in the library on my NOOK even following a "check for new B&N content".

3 Books by David Weber (all purchased) are no longer showing up in my online library but do appear in the library on my NOOK even following a "check for new B&N content".

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

I am unable to edit my original post to this thread (apparently you can only edit replies, not the OP).

I was mistaken earlier, there are missing books ONLY in my online library. The library on my NOOK appears to be intact.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

I am unable to edit my original post to this thread (apparently you can only edit replies, not the OP).

I was mistaken earlier, there are missing books ONLY in my online library. The library on my NOOK appears to be intact.

Mine too.  Unfortunately, I don't trust it to stay that way if I buy something and my NOOK syncs with my NOOK Library.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 272 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: