Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Bookmark_71
0 Kudos

Bugs in the Nook

I like my Nook and have enjoyed reading from it but I have experienced a few bugs.  I wish there was an easy to find feedback tool to submit them to B&N.

1) Sometimes when I look up a word a completely different word that what I selected will be searched for.  At least once when this happened it was not only a word I had never looked up (because I knew the definiton) but it wasn't even on the page.

2) The (n)ook button is very sensitive and while typing on the keyboard the pressure from selecting Y or T sometimes activates it.

3) I added a 2 Gig memory card and it was recognized just fine at first. I later checked settings and it was being reported as only 200 Meg.  I powered it off and back on and it started registering as 2 Gig again.

4) Possible bug - I can't find the option to look up a word when reading a magazine.  It's there for reading books though.

This isn't a bug but in the future there desperately needs to be a more comprehensive dictionary.  I'm only getting definitions for about half of the words I search for.  I can archive full books from my nook but not samples.  I have to go online to archive or remove samples I've downloaded.  You really should be able to archive or delete all content from the Nook and not rely on returning to the website.

Reader
nookerMM
0 Kudos

Re: Bugs in the Nook

I have experienced similar bugs, but not consistantly.  In other words, some books work better than others.  I believe the problem may be with whoever is involved in coding the e-versions of these books.  If this is the publisher, then B&N wouldn't have much control over that.  That could make the NOOK seem buggy, when it really isn't.  It is frustrating though.  I am currently reading a book that has lots of footnotes, but if I read one, that becomes the furthest read point.  Of course, these are at the end of the book.  To make it worse, I can't figure out how to navigate back to where I left off.  I think I will skip the footnotes.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 234 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: