Contributor
IndygirlGH
0 Kudos

Calibre Question

I am new to Calibre--I have got all my books listed and the metadata on each book  Now my question __ does this information just stay on your computer or can you put this on your nook and how?

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Calibre Question

[ Edited ]

Connect your nook via USB cable and open Calibre. You should see an icon for Device at the top toolbar (usually next to the library icon).

In the main calibre library screen, select a title you want to send to the device and click on the toolbar icon that says Send to Device.

A green checkmark should appear next to the title in the library screen that says it is on the device in "main".

When you are done loading books to the nook, click on the arrow of the device icon on the toolbar and select "eject" before unplugging the nook from the computer.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

IndygirlGH wrote:

I am new to Calibre--I have got all my books listed and the metadata on each book  Now my question __ does this information just stay on your computer or can you put this on your nook and how?

The title, author, and cover image (if any) will transfer just fine.  The other metadata details such as synopsis, publisher, dates, ratings, etc. will not.  It would be nice if they did - perhaps in a future nook software update . . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Contributor
IndygirlGH
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Seems simple enough

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

IndygirlGH wrote:

You can transfer the information to your Nook for sideloaded books that go into My Documents.  You can't do it for books in your B&N Library.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

Desert_Brat wrote:

In the main calibre library screen, select a title you want to send to the device and click on the toolbar icon that says Send to Device.

You can also drag the book(s) up to the nood device icon. Drag and drop functionality was added to Calibre a few updates back.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:51 members 420 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: