Contributor
Dave_P
0 Kudos

Can I View Content Purchased From Sony Store On Nook?

I've got DRM-protected content that I purchased on the Sony ReaderStore.  These are ePUB files and I understand that the Nook also accepts this file format.  I haven't purchased an ereader yet and the Nook is under consideration.  However, I want to make sure that my Sony purchases can be read on this platform.  Does anyone know if this is possible and how it works?  Where does the authorization come from to allow me to view my Sony purchases on the Nook?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Can I View Content Purchased From Sony Store On Nook?

@Dave_P

Welcome! :smileyhappy:

Yes, it is very easy to read youre epub files from the Sony Store on your Nook.  All you have to do is download and install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your computer.  You then pull your Sony eBooks into ADE, and connect your Nook to your computer via its USB cable.  Once you authorize your Nook in ADE, it will appear there as a device, and you can drag and drop your Sony eBooks onto your Nook, where they will then appear in My Documents.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Can I View Content Purchased From Sony Store On Nook?

[ Edited ]

You don't even need to load the Sony e-books into Adobe Digital Editions. Once you've authorized the NOOK with ADE—a one-time operation—you can just sideload the Sony e-books with Windows Explorer or whatever tool you want. Using ADE works fine, too.

Also see the link in my signature, which describes the ADE method.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:33 members 350 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: