Reader
gummymango
0 Kudos

Can't get my books to load onto my nook

Just received my nook yesterday.  I was able to successfully register my nook but can't seem to get the books that I bought to load onto my nook. 

It keeps saying that the network is unavailable.  I know that the wireless is working since I was able to purchase a book through the nook.

Correspondent
Rasyr
0 Kudos

Re: Can't get my books to load onto my nook

There are 2 forms of "wireless" on the nook, the first is the 3G connection (from AT&T) that the nook tries to use when you purchase books through the nook itself.

Secondly, there is a standard internet wireless hookup (will connect to any unprotected wireless network, or even protected ones if you have the information to put into the nook). This is the kind of hookup that you can find in Starbucks or McDonalds, or many other locations that offer "free internet" access.

Do you have airplane mode turned on? Look at the top of the screen on the nook, is there a little airplane symbol? If so, try going into settings and turning it off.

Then go into My Library, and  checking for new B&N content.

Apparently, there were some AT&T issues yesterday that may have been causing problems.

If the airplane symbol is off, try turning it on, and connecting to the internet via wireless and then checking for new content.

It could be that the nook is trying to use the 3G while AT&T is still having 3G issues (hence the no network message).

Tim Dugger
TANSTAAFL
Reader
gummymango
0 Kudos

If I turn the airplane mode on it grays out  the wifi.  I turned the airplane mode back on and tried to load new contents and now I get the Network unavailable. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

Sounds like a WiFi connection issue. Try deleting your WiFi connection (go to it and tap "Forget"), and let your Nook default to 3G.  See if you can get your books that way.

After you have your books, you can troubleshoot the WiFi.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@gummymango,

There has been some ATT WiFi outages so you may want to consider turning WiFi off and then going to your Library then tap on Check for new B&N content.

Please let us know if your issue was solved.

Your Admin.,

Michael_V

TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

gummymango wrote:

If I turn the airplane mode on it grays out  the wifi.  I turned the airplane mode back on and tried to load new contents and now I get the Network unavailable. 

Turning "Airplane mode" on means turning off all wireless access, as is required by many Airlines.  It also is recommended to be on to save battery power.  You need to turn airplay mode off in order to retrieve books through the network.

New User
vamFL
0 Kudos

I can't download a book on my Nook.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

Vam,

You need to start a NEW thread and explain exactly what you're doing and what is happening.

Saying...

vamFL wrote:

I can't download a book on my Nook.

Is like taking your car in to a shop and saying "it's making a weird noise."

New User
Mayra_Lee_Mucho
0 Kudos

I've had this problem before and the first time I just lost patience and completely turned off the Nook and about an hour later turned back on and I was able to download the book I purchased.

After this it has happened two more times and I did the same thing, turn it off and leave it off for about 30 mins to 1 hour and then go back to it. So far I've been lucky and it works.

-Mayra

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:7 members 293 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: