Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
3base
0 Kudos

Can't purchase any books from Nook

I just got my nook, and I have updated it to the latest firm ware.  I also registered it and it shows up in online account.  when I go to the store option, and select a book I want to purchase it tells me it can not connect to the network.  Do you have any idea what is going on, everything else works, like browsing the ebooks by catagories and such.  Also the signal strength has four bars, I even connected the Nook to my home network and that worked but got the same message can not connect to network.  Help please.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Can't purchase any books from Nook

[ Edited ]

Do you have a default credit card in your account?

Check the web site.

Also check that the address is correct, your password is correct, etc.

Frequent Contributor
four0six
0 Kudos

Maybe B&N was having server issues.  I was having a hard time with this too.  I mainly have my Nook on WiFi, and it would timeout, fail to connect to network...even though I was 4 feet from my router with full signal strength.  I was having issues with the 3G too.  Later in the night, it opened up and I was able to purchase books.

Give it another shot?

New User
Banditreader
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem. I just purchased my nook yesterday, and I cant get any books whatsoever. I have tried everything. it is really frustrating. I have tried all things that have been printed on the website in the help menu and all, and nothing is working for me. I have even removed and reconnected the nook from my router several times, and still nothing.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Banditreader wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I just purchased my nook yesterday, and I cant get any books whatsoever. I have tried everything. it is really frustrating. I have tried all things that have been printed on the website in the help menu and all, and nothing is working for me. I have even removed and reconnected the nook from my router several times, and still nothing.

If you can browse the the store from the nook it is not a router problem.  Stop messing with the router.

Check the other things mentioned in this thread and other threads.  And also, be a little more complete in your problem description.  Saying "It doesn't work for me" won't give anyone enough info to help you.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 738 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: