Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
KayoMO
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't shop from my Nook...

I can read fine from my Nook, but just today when I press the shop button it just goes back to my screensaver. Wishlist won't come up nor any other browsing section. My Nook is just over 2 years old..Is it worn out..or is this a glitch?
Inspired Correspondent
Sandikal
0 Kudos

Re: Can't shop from my Nook...

I'm having the same problem.  I was just over on GoodReads and someone posted in one of my bookgroups that he's having the same issue.  It's been happening since last night.

I remember this happening several months ago and it took weeks to get resolved.

New User
GCos
0 Kudos

Same problem. Just started today. Nook first edition.
New User
Lauriht
0 Kudos

Same, I've never had this problem before, it's probably their servers or something. I messed around with my Internet savings a bit though and got store to open but the whole screen and touch screen just stuck on black.
Contributor
cecarow
0 Kudos

Having just experienced quite a bit of frustration with my HD, now this with my N1. Apparently the shop fxn went also went missing back in Jan. I also noticed that none of the books I just added to my nook wishlist via bn.com showed up there. Grrr...whatever. -Cat
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

The "user account" portion of the website has been EXCEPTIONALLY slow for about a week, even when browsing from a PC.

Sometimes I get a completely blank web page (usually fixed by waiting a few seconds and then pressing "Refresh").

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Reader
cmmLA
0 Kudos

Same here.  B&N "chat" told me to turn off and start up again...duh...did not work.  Then unregister and re-register...did not work...still can not shop. 

Reader
cmmLA
0 Kudos

Same here
New User
james_h_waddell
0 Kudos

Same here.  I've never had this happen before, but just started yesterday.

Contributor
Sailracer
0 Kudos

Same here. I cant get to Shopping as Nook reverts to custom screen saver.  Perhaps this glitch is to encourage us to buy a new Nook HD.

Frequent Contributor
trureader
0 Kudos

:womansad:I have also been unable to shop from my Nook1E. I experience the same behavior as described above. Yes I agree that it may be to encourage a new nook purchase (which I do not have the funds for.)  I do hope that B&N will not just forget about those of us that took a chance on their at-the-time new technology and fix this problem.

Reader
cmmLA
0 Kudos

If it's to get us to upgrade to a new Nook...I'm going Kindle all the way!

New User
WineLoverSW
0 Kudos

I can't shop from the browser on my nook either. Is anyone else having a problem with the both the shop button and the browser buy button??

New User
PainlessJen
0 Kudos

Having the same issue with my Nook First Edition. I hit the Shop button and it goes back to the "n" screen. I can read and access all my previously purchased books just fine, but I cannot buy a new one. Hopefully they are aware of the issue... Quite frustrating. I'm really glad I looked here before trying the "unregister" and "re-register" method.

New User
Wunder-Reader
0 Kudos

I'm having the same trouble! Trying to spend money, and I can't! Very frustrating. What is the fix
Contributor
kborn2run
0 Kudos

Add me to the list. Issue started last night, and I am still unable to access the store through the shop button. My library seems fine; it's just the shop that doesn't work. Oh, and the Daily -- haven't been able to use that feature since over a year ago! I hope they are working on a fix for this.
New User
Eventsjc
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. I did the battery pull from the back of my nook. Still haven't been able to access Shop since yesterday.  It doesn't load at all, just reverts back to screensaver.

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,240
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

In addition to (and/or in place of) leaving a message in this thread, be sure to click the "Me Too" button on the first message in the thread.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Contributor
zelda11
0 Kudos

This happened once before to me about a year ago.  I went to my local B&N and after 3 attempts to get to Shop on the store network it was successful.  I'll be trying that again because I am not interested in a factory reset which was the other solution offered.

Contributor
t_k_thorn
0 Kudos

Having the same issue--and somehow my Nook went to factory reset. Now it says I have an update, but it doesn't update.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 80 members 634 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: