Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Special-Circumstances
0 Kudos

Cancel a Pre-Order?? Please Help!

I accidentally bought an ebook that was available for pre-order...but I didn't want to buy it. It said that it will be credited to by credit card, but it doesn't show I bought it yet on my account. 

Can I cancel it? I searched everywhere trying to find out. Am I just impatient and it's just not on my account yet??

Please help! I don't want to waste $10!! :smileysad:

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Re: Cancel a Pre-Order?? Please Help!

#1: Don't download it. As soon as you download an e-book, it's not refundable.

#2: Call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They can see what's up with that book and your account.

Contributor
Special-Circumstances
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. It seems to me that I didn't actually buy it... I just signed in into my account, it didn't buy it. So far its not on my account...so I think I am OK. 

Thanks a lot. I know I can always count on the Nook Boards! :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Special-Circum…

As of yesterday, we are now delaying the charge until the day the eBook is released.

(Please note that eBook orders still cannot be cancelled, including pre-orders.)

I also sent you a PM.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@Special-Circum…

As of yesterday, we are now delaying the charge until the day the eBook is released.

@Michael-V

This is outstanding news!   B&N is finally resolving one of those low-level irritants that not everyone complains about all the time, but is so annoying to everyone who gets caught by it.

Once again, though, I wish that when B&N does something to help the customer, it was made more widely known.   B&N's customer responsiveness is a lot better than its reputation, because so often the company responds and then neglects to blow its own horn.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Reader
a_frequent_traveler
0 Kudos

So... if I did accidently hit accept instead of cancel for a pre-order... I'm stuck paying $13 for this book I don't want and won't even be available for a week??? Seriously? That is the worst customer service I've ever heard of if that is indeed the case.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Never mind. :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

a_frequent_traveler wrote:

So... if I did accidently hit accept instead of cancel for a pre-order... I'm stuck paying $13 for this book I don't want and won't even be available for a week??? Seriously? That is the worst customer service I've ever heard of if that is indeed the case.

Until you actually download, your e-book purchases are refundable. Once you download the e-book, it's non-refundable. Since you can't have downloaded a pre-order, it's got to be refundable.

Contact Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

I don't know if they can cancel it before the order actually goes through or not. They certainly can tell you better than I can.

Also, B&N just fixed a glitch where pre-orders were being billed at the time of pre-order instead of at the time the e-book came out. That may affect the way they process cancelations of pre-orders.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 80 members 602 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: