Contributor
Special-Circumstances
0 Kudos

Cancel a Pre-Order?? Please Help!

I accidentally bought an ebook that was available for pre-order...but I didn't want to buy it. It said that it will be credited to by credit card, but it doesn't show I bought it yet on my account. 

Can I cancel it? I searched everywhere trying to find out. Am I just impatient and it's just not on my account yet??

Please help! I don't want to waste $10!! :smileysad:

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Cancel a Pre-Order?? Please Help!

#1: Don't download it. As soon as you download an e-book, it's not refundable.

#2: Call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They can see what's up with that book and your account.

Contributor
Special-Circumstances
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. It seems to me that I didn't actually buy it... I just signed in into my account, it didn't buy it. So far its not on my account...so I think I am OK. 

Thanks a lot. I know I can always count on the Nook Boards! :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Special-Circum…

As of yesterday, we are now delaying the charge until the day the eBook is released.

(Please note that eBook orders still cannot be cancelled, including pre-orders.)

I also sent you a PM.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Michael-V wrote:

@Special-Circum…

As of yesterday, we are now delaying the charge until the day the eBook is released.

@Michael-V

This is outstanding news!   B&N is finally resolving one of those low-level irritants that not everyone complains about all the time, but is so annoying to everyone who gets caught by it.

Once again, though, I wish that when B&N does something to help the customer, it was made more widely known.   B&N's customer responsiveness is a lot better than its reputation, because so often the company responds and then neglects to blow its own horn.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Reader
a_frequent_traveler
0 Kudos

So... if I did accidently hit accept instead of cancel for a pre-order... I'm stuck paying $13 for this book I don't want and won't even be available for a week??? Seriously? That is the worst customer service I've ever heard of if that is indeed the case.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Never mind. :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

a_frequent_traveler wrote:

So... if I did accidently hit accept instead of cancel for a pre-order... I'm stuck paying $13 for this book I don't want and won't even be available for a week??? Seriously? That is the worst customer service I've ever heard of if that is indeed the case.

Until you actually download, your e-book purchases are refundable. Once you download the e-book, it's non-refundable. Since you can't have downloaded a pre-order, it's got to be refundable.

Contact Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

I don't know if they can cancel it before the order actually goes through or not. They certainly can tell you better than I can.

Also, B&N just fixed a glitch where pre-orders were being billed at the time of pre-order instead of at the time the e-book came out. That may affect the way they process cancelations of pre-orders.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:15 members 291 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: