Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Jane2555
0 Kudos

Change Profile

I am trying to change my e-mail address on my profile page of my nook. When I try to edit my profile, only the owner name and device name come up to change.  How do I change my e-mail address?  Any help would be great! :smileytongue:

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: Change Profile

I believe you have to do that from your account on your computer.  Do a search on change e-mail to see if there's anything funny about actually doing it.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

You can't just change the e-mail address.  You need to de-register the device and then re-register it with the new e-mail address.

But be forewarned - before re-registering, make sure you have changed your e-mail address on the B&N website for your account as well - otherwise your nook will not connect correctly to your account (and will not see any of your previously purchased books).  

The e-mail on your nook and on your B&N account MUST match.

Reader
Jane2555
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

Reader
Jane2555
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Snaps76
0 Kudos

You also have to be careful to do it in the right order.  First de-register your nook.  Then go to your online account and change the email.  Then you can re-register your nook with the new email.  If you change it online first, you won't be able to de-register your nook correctly.  Same process goes if you want to change the password.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 689 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: