Contributor
Caesar753
0 Kudos

Re: LinkSys WRT54G (v2) configuration for NOOK

I have a Gateway Model EQ-660HW ADSL through Century Link.  Does anyone have any information about this router?

New User
KathyinCincinnati
0 Kudos

Re: NetGear WNR2000v2 configuration for NOOK

I have a WRT54GS and have the settings as you recommend.  The nook asks me for a password and I type in the WPA shared key but it does not recognize this as the password.  Is this the correct value for the password, or am I supposed to be using something else? 

New User
KathyinCincinnati
0 Kudos

Just thought of something, my 'password' contains a percentage sign.  Could it be that the nook cannot recognize that symbol.  I believe there is also an exclamation point.  I have five other computers hooked to this network, so I don't want to change this if I don't have to.  Thanks again.   KathyinCincinnati

Inspired Correspondent
Big_Dave_H
0 Kudos

The passphrase should be able to accept any character.  The device will translate the passphrase to a passkey.  Passkeys are hexadecimal characters 0-9 and A-F only.  Some devices may balk at a passphrase of the incorrect length.  The original Nooks had a problem with WEP shared keys but worked fine with WEP open keys.  WPA2 is the preferred minimum security protocol now days, so I recommend using it, not WPA and not WEP unless you absolutely have to use the others. 

New User
Mike7736
0 Kudos

Re: Configuring various Wi-Fi routers - please, no OT

If you still cannot connect to your  (AT&T) 2Wire router, after getting the correct WEP key, try re-booting the router. That was what was necessary in order for me to connect my Nook to my 2Wire router.

New User
AS400Jockey

Re: Windows DHCP Server config for NOOK

If you're running Windows Server and DHCP, and using the 'static classless route' option, you may need to set up a reservation for the NOOK that overrides the static route option with no static route.  In my case, I am running Windows Server 2008.  NOOK was getting an IP address but not connecting to the internet.  Through trial and error I found that overriding the static route was the key.

NOTE TO NOOK DEVELOPERS - maybe this needs to be looked at in the NOOK software...

New User
TioTee
0 Kudos

I want to thank you for taking the time to post the information about the WRT54G2 router. I bought the new Nook Tablet yesterday & spent hours trying to connect to my wi-fi network. B&N support was no help but your post got me up & running in no time.
New User
sandyg33
0 Kudos

where do I find these settings - I have already checked all the settings listed previously for the WNR2000v2 and they were already set up identically - but don't know where to check for these additional items

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

sandyg33 wrote:

where do I find these settings - I have already checked all the settings listed previously for the WNR2000v2 and they were already set up identically - but don't know where to check for these additional items

All of your router settings are available from the routers web page. this is accessed by entering the routers default ip adress in the your web browsers address window. It will ask for user name and password usually the default password and user name is admin 

New User
vanessaf
0 Kudos

I see that you have the same router as I do-- can you please tell me what password you used to log into the site with the "admin" username? I tried logging in with the information provided by doug (ie: username "admin" no password) and it will not allow me in. can you please share the info? thanks!

New User
vanessaf
0 Kudos

Hi Doug. I am having issues connecting my Nook to this Linksys router-- I am trying to log in to the http site you provided, but the password doesnt work. Your post says to leave it blank but it is not working. can you please help? thanks very much!

Inspired Correspondent
MacFlash
0 Kudos

You can try admin for the password also, if that does not work you are going to have press the hardware reset button on the back of the router. Hold it in for thirty seconds and then try again with the same passwords (blank and admin)  See here:

http://thepcsecurity.com/192-168-1-1-lost-password-how-to-reset-crack-broadband-router-password/

for further details.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

vanessaf wrote:

Hi Doug. I am having issues connecting my Nook to this Linksys router-- I am trying to log in to the http site you provided, but the password doesnt work. Your post says to leave it blank but it is not working. can you please help? thanks very much!

If you follow the post from Macflash and reset your router you need to have the settings that your Internet provider requires so that you can renter them otherwise you won't have access to the internet. 

New User
kptb
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I cannot connect my Nook Tablet or Nook Color to my Cisco Linksys E4200 router. I have tried to disable the routers firewall, tried WEP, WPA, and WPA2 security, I have tried to allow the nook's MAC address, disabled the MAC address system and many more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: I am using 1.4.2 software on both nook devices.

New User
abbyamos
0 Kudos

my nook color will not connect to my cellcom router, brand name axess-tel

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

abbyamos wrote:

my nook color will not connect to my cellcom router, brand name axess-tel

You need to provide more information,  just saying it won't connect doesn't give us much to work with..  What happens when you try to connect?  Does the nook not see the wifi, does it find it Burt won't actually connect?  Do you put In a password and it doesn't work?  Do you have your wifi set to broadcast the SSID?  Do you have mac address filtering enabled on your router?    Do you get some type of error message?

Reader
xrayjay
0 Kudos

Just tried all of that....and still no luck.  Keep getting the connected, no internet message.  Can anyone help??? 

New User
catscougar1
0 Kudos

sometimes the router password is its serial number.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:43 members 474 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: