Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Crack on cover of nook but not on the turn button.

Has anyone else had a problem with cracks on the white cover of the nook that are not next to the turn button? I just noticed this morning that I have a crack down on the left hand side of my nook but is below the button, most like at the beginning of the touch screen.  Is this also a known problem? I have not dropped my nook.

I have the extended warranty and was thinking I would just go to B&N after work to get a replacement... but my other problem is I have no receipt for the nook, having purchased it online back last November... Will they be able to look up my account at the store?

Frequent Contributor
luminessence
0 Kudos

Re: Crack on cover of nook but not on the turn button.

Did B&N email you an order confirmation after you ordered your Nook? If so, maybe you can print that out and bring it to the store with you.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Never heard of such a crack other than by accidental impact.

If you bought on line, and registered the nook, the online support people will have a record of your extended warranty purchase in their computers.

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Well, I definitely did not drop it.. never have. I have had to take the back off a few times to remove the battery because of the nook freezing up. But have not had to do that lately and this crack definitely happened very recently because I am always cleaning and checking the front.

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@EffieTX

On my NOOK, where the front cover meets the back cover, there is a small cutout on the front cover that starts about an inch below the page forward button and extends about an inch above the page back button. The gap between front and back cover is maybe an 1/8 inch or less along that cutout. That entire section can be flexed if you press on it.

My mother is partially paralyzed and flexes that entire strip trying to press on the page turn buttons. 

I am assuming your NOOK is like mine and guessing the crack is at or near one end of that cutout. It could be a variant of the page turn cracks.

About all you can do is call customer support, explain the nature of the crack, where it is located and ask. They will have to make the determination if it qualifies as your one free accidental handling replacement or is a factory defect.

jdd
Reader 2
jdd
0 Kudos

I have a crack in my cover also -just below the right side bottom page arrow.  I don't live near a B & N store but was going to call customer service.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 203 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: