Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Kappleby
0 Kudos

DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS FOR 3 DAYS!?!

Is anybody else having issues downloading books!?!  I haven't been able to download anything on to my Nook for 3 days.  I have talked to customer service a couple times and they just keep telling me they are having technical issues and to wait 24 hours!  I asked them is there is a timeframe for this being fixed and they said there is no time frame!  What the heck is going on here!?!  Is this only select people or is everyone having this problem?  I find it hard to believe that this has been going on for 3 days for all 1st edition users and people aren't complaining about it at all!  I'm seriously considering upgrading but not with a nook!

New User
beboFL
0 Kudos

Re: DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS FOR 3 DAYS!?!

I am having the same exact problem.  When I chatted last night, the chat said to wait two hours ... as a tech person, I don't understand why it takes so long to fix this problem.

Reader 2
OHCowgirl
0 Kudos

I thought it was just me so I've tried every fix I could come up with and now I find out the problem is at their end? AAArgh.
New User
sarasotaFL
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  Can't download new purchases to NOOK First Editor.  However, can download these same purchases to my Android phone (with the Nook app), my iPad (with the Nook app) and a newer Nook device.  Seems to be a problem with the older device.  Called Tech Support yesterday and got the same answer - try again in a couple of hours.  Well, it's been more than 24 hours at this point and the problem still persists.

New User
kras
0 Kudos

I was able to download a book on Friday night, but have been having trouble since Sunday. 

What's very frustrating is the lack of communication.  I would feel much better if there were a sticky topic in this forum saying they're having technical difficulties.  Instead, I jumped through dozens of troubleshooting steps assuming the issue was on my end.

Also frustrating is the lack of an estimate of when this will be fixed.  Will it be better tomorrow, next week, next month, or never?  Live chat wouldn't tell me.

New User
Sadie2705
0 Kudos

Same problem. After trying everything suggested everywhere, rebooting, unregistering, archiving the book and un archiving it, still nothing. And to top it off, since I unregistered, now none of the books I already had downloaded are available. They have to be downloaded again..which of course, wont work. Yay.

What I've seen, they are aware of the problem, and have just been telling everyone to wait a couple hours/days. Depending on who you talk to.

Reader 2
Laydee_L
0 Kudos

First gen owner here.  Having the same issue, day two.  Chat says a server is down but ignores the question of how long.  Is it the free 3G?  It is only the first gens that are affected. Just got off the phone (had to sneak in by pushing nook tablet) but they gave me yet another 48 hour time frame.  Going to read it on my laptop (I really hate that)

New User
kc71
0 Kudos

I'm teacher with 30. I see the books in the library but nothing will open
New User
Kappleby
0 Kudos

The customer service rep actually told me to use my apps in the meantime so I am currently using my ipad to read off of.  I just can't believe there has been no formal announcement on the webpage or anything.  I have read a few comments where people are going in to stores and they are rebooting their devices which of course makes you lose all your stuff.  Instead of having us on here scrounging for information it would be nice if they made some kind of announcement.  I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I feel like this is some ploy to get people to upgrade to the new devices.  I've had this sucker for a long time and am quite fond of it but if I am forced to upgrade because of this it will definitely not be with a barnes & noble product.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

I was able to download with 3g on Sunday.
New User
Coffeyb
0 Kudos

I have experienced the same problem myself for at least 4 days with my first addition nook!
New User
Kappleby
0 Kudos

I just got off the phone with a representative.  I had to push that I was calling for an HD because if you put 1st edition they just send you to a recording that says they are aware of the issues and that's about it.  Of course he said they are still experiencing problems, they apologize for the inconvenience, and there is no end in sight.  I just can't believe that it is taking this long.  I also inquired about a credit/refund to upgrade to a device that works and they said that is not available to me at this point in time that I had no option other than wait!  I am seriously disappointed because I really loved my Nook but Kindle here i come!!!!

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Although I appeared to be having problems downloading a new eBook earlier Wednesday evening on both Windows PC and a WiFi only First Edition, a couple of hours later the eBook download fine on both devices.

No special procedures like reinstallation, full First Edition power down. unregister/reregister or visit to the store required.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

I was able to download books this morning. On another thread someone said it works best early in the morning. I downloaded mine before 7:00 am.
Reader 2
dottiej77
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem now... 2 weeks later

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 585 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: