Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
grateful65
0 Kudos

Deleted/Archived books still showing up on Nook

I deleted/archived many books from my library from the computer. 2 of the deleted and one of the archived are still showing up on Nook. I did "check for new BN content". The other books that I deleted/archived are not showing up. Hmm. Any thoughts?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: Deleted/Archived books still showing up on Nook

Reader model? (First Edition, Simple Touch/2nd Edition) firmware revision? (look for "settings) Which is it, archive OR delete? Archive frees up the storage in your reader, but leaves the publication available on B & N's server for YOU to download again FOR FREE (subject to B & N's licensing terms). You have to visit your library with a web browser to delete a book from YOUR library (CAUTION: Once "deleted" you will have to pay again to access that publication again). The titles of archived publications may appear on a reader's list of available publications with a lighter font (full black font for publications that are stored in your reader).
New User
Poshie54
0 Kudos

I drove 50 miles to the store to find out how to delete books.I had the same books twice also.The tech finally deleted my password and email address and that removed the books from the Nook.But  to me this is a pain to do this every time I want to delete a book.Is there any other way to do this. 

Reader 4
missbev
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.  I have a Simple Touch.  I borrowed an e-book from my daughter, who also has a Simple Touch.  The lending period has expired and I can no longer open the book, but the icon is still on my screen.  I connected my nook to my computer and tried to figure out which file on the nook contained the icon so I could delete it, but no luck.

Is this a bug?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 471 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: