Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

pqi
New User
pqi
0 Kudos

Deleting ebooks

If I delete a purchased ebook from my library, do I have to repurchase it again if I want it back?

Frequent Contributor
Tisha_PA
0 Kudos

Re: Deleting ebooks

If you delete a book from your online BN library then yes you would have to repurchase it if you wanted to read it again.  Better option is just to archive the book until you want it again.

pqi
New User
pqi
0 Kudos

The issue is that I have purchased some books that I would not like a younger member of the family to read.  I do allow said family member to purchase children-friendly content onto my nook, but I would like to make sure that they will not be able to access some of the books that I have already purchased.  I understand that archiving allows for the book to be hidden, but that is not a failsafe feature.  Thanks.

New User
Quinnie110
0 Kudos

How do I delete an ebook?   I cannot figure it out.  Thanks!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Quinnie110 wrote:

If it is an B&N book and you truly want to delete it, rather than archiving it, go to My B&N on the website.  Find the book in your library and delete it.  Then when you sync you Nook with the website, it will remove the book.

There's more information in the User Guide starting around page 104 that might be helpful to read before you delete anything.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Quinnie110 wrote:

See items #11-15 and #19 in this posting: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/Didn-t-read-the-manual-A-list-of-thin...

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 196 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: