Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Disappearing covers in My B&N Library

Can't find any recent threads related to this, but I encountered a minor hiccup today.

Opened a book I had been in the middle of reading from the My Library screen. Noticed I was getting the default "no cover" graphic in reading mode where there had previously been one.

Exited out to the main library screen and checked the Show Covers view, only to find all my covers were AWOL.

Disabled airplane mode. Nook synced something (without me checking for content) and 

voilà, covers are back. But not in reading mode. Had to turn off and restart the nook before it would come back.

Anyone else encountering this?

Nothing major & I fixed it myself quickly, just pesky it happened at all.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just a random glitch?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Disappearing covers in My B&N Library

Yes, I've seen that, too.  As you say, a minor annoyance.  It would be interesting to know what's causing it, though.

Any ideas, Michael? :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
mmlibrary1
0 Kudos

I still don't understand why so many books do not have the cover image available - especially when I have seen it available at other ebook sites.   B & N could even have a generic title cover instead of the - blank image. I love the show covers mode - but am frustrated taht at least 1/3 to 1/2 of my 87 from B & N don't display the cover. Wish they would fix it in the next update.  I love my Nook and realize this is a minor annoyance - but it looks tacky when you use the display covers mode.  

BN Reader

Frequent Contributor
Weezie13
0 Kudos

Yes, I've had the bookcovers come and go.  Right now I have all of them.  I don't know why it does that.  It is annoying as you say.  I know it is just one of the bells and whistles but I like seeing those splashes of color from time to time.  I am really enjoying my Nook all in all.

Weezie
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 36 members 890 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: