Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Mel0382
0 Kudos

Download Kindle Book to Nook

I recently 'purchased' a book from Amazon (it was free) and it is sitting in a Kindle app on my desktop.  I have the simple touch so I can't get apps on my Nook.

How do I download it from the Kindle app on my PC to my actual PC and then onto my Nook?

I can use Calibre to get it on my nook but I can't figure out how to download it to my computer first.

Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
sirwillard
0 Kudos

Re: Download Kindle Book to Nook

Legally you can't, and so you're not likely to get answers in this forum.

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/wekempf
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Kindle uses their own e-book format that won't work on anybody else's readers (although you can load a Kindle app on tablets).  To read your Kindle book on a Nook you would need to (illegally) strip the encryption out of the file and then run it through a conversion to EPUB format.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Mel0382 wrote:

I recently 'purchased' a book from Amazon (it was free) and it is sitting in a Kindle app on my desktop.  I have the simple touch so I can't get apps on my Nook.

How do I download it from the Kindle app on my PC to my actual PC and then onto my Nook?

I can use Calibre to get it on my nook but I can't figure out how to download it to my computer first.

Thanks!

If it's in your Kindle App on your PC, it's already downloaded to your PC.  Look for My Kindle Content in Documents.  But Amazon uses some obscure naming for the files so unless it was the last book you downloaded, you may have trouble figuring out which book is which.

As for getting on your Nook, as others have already stated, Amazon uses a proprietary format that can only be read on Kindles or with the Kindle apps, so, unless it doesn't have DRM, you can't legally put it on your Nook.  If it doesn't have DRM you can convert it with Calibre.

New User
RebeccasReads.com
0 Kudos

Just wanted to mention if you upgrade your nook to the HD tablets you can download google play apps now where you can get kindle. and its not illegal just has to be compatitble device. nook got smart

Reader
shine1992
0 Kudos

I have a nook HD. Can you tell me how I can get books from the Amazon store on my nook please.

Thanks

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

shine1992 wrote:

I have a nook HD. Can you tell me how I can get books from the Amazon store on my nook please.

Thanks

Download the kindle app from the Google Play store.

New User
ProfessorRon

I have a Nook HD+ and have spent two hours looking all over for how to do this. Most communty blogs have old information about changing the Root, and some recommend ordering pre loaded bootable microSD cards. I then came accross your comment and it worked like a charm in five minutes. thanks so much.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 493 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: