Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bradmul
0 Kudos

Download Queued

I've had my Nook Wi-Fi for just a few hours and I am having a problem downloading books. The purchase at B&N goes fine and the book appears in my library. When I select "download" it shows the progress percentage until the message "Queued: Will complete s........" (rest of message off-screen). Where is the file queued? My wireless seems to be OK.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Download Queued

bradmul wrote:

I've had my Nook Wi-Fi for just a few hours and I am having a problem downloading books. The purchase at B&N goes fine and the book appears in my library. When I select "download" it shows the progress percentage until the message "Queued: Will complete s........" (rest of message off-screen). Where is the file queued? My wireless seems to be OK.

I've seen that sometimes with new purchases, and figured that it meant that the B&N servers were a little backed up.  It usually cleared for me in a few minutes.  Do you think you're sticking there?

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
bradmul
0 Kudos

If the servers were backed up, everyone would be having problems, right? I'm waiting for a reply back from B&N customer support. In the meantime, I'm doing manual downloads into My Documents successfully.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

If you are trying to download via the AT&T 3 G network and you live in an edge area instead of a 3G area, you may often get a "queuing" notice, especially if you are trying to download more than 1 book at a time.  I live in an edge area, and if I'm not hooked up to my wi-fi, downloading a book can take as long as 5 minutes sometimes.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
KF67KF
0 Kudos

I realize this post is from 2010 but apparently this is a problem B&N has from time to time.

I have been trying to download a book for 2 days.  I contacted customer support and there is no "live" person to speak to for 1st edtion..  (wth??)  They force you to use chat. And here is how that went:

Spencer Layne: Hi and thank you for joining Barnes and Noble Digital Chat Support. My name is Spencer.

Me: Hi.

Me: i have a first edition nook. i cannot reach anyone via phone.

Me: they send you to chat

Me: i have been trying to download a book for 2 days. It just tells me it is queued. I unregistered, reset, rebooted, etc.

Me: many times including my modem and routers

Me: nothing is working.

Me: i archived and unarchived also.

Spencer Layne: We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Spencer Layne: Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We are aware of this issue and have reported this to our concerned team and they are working on a fix. This issue should get resolved as soon as possible.

Me: how do we get it fixed?

Spencer Layne: Please try again after a couple of hours.

Spencer Layne: We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Me: this is already over 2 days

Me: what is the ETR

Me: and shouldn't there be a notice in the website telling users of this so we do not have to go through this?

Spencer Layne: I can understand your concern, however please wait for 1-2 days and if the issue still persists, we will go ahead and refund for the books.

Me:  There should be a notice on the website so that thousands of people do not have to go through this contacting customer service for a known problem with no resolution.

After 2 days they have no estimated time of repair and they say to wait 2 more days!  Shouldn't this be posted somewhere?  Or maybe it is and I am missing it?  I searched by the error and got to this thread.

Anyway, how incredibly frustrating and what poor service.

Reader 2
OHCowgirl
0 Kudos

I have had this happen before but never this bad or long. I hope they fix this soon...and maybe let us all know what's going on?
New User
Sadie2705
0 Kudos

Same thing here. I've been trying everything for days. I was just about to give in and call customer support. Glad you posted this so i don't have to waste my time!

Reader 2
Laydee_L
0 Kudos

Surprise, the server is down again.  First gens don't call customer service. They will just send you to chat.  They won't post that they are having computer issues because that is just bad marketing.  They will take your payment (different functioning server with top tier technicians) but you may have to wait up to 5 days for your book.  So, don't un-register, take out your battery or delete your payment method because that won't fix it.  Pop on over to your local library and side load until the awesome $9 an hour tech at BN figures out what hub is browned out.

bradmul wrote:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 1,110 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: