Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
wambizzle
0 Kudos

Downloaded books

I currently have alot of files downloaded from bit torrent websites, all in the correct formats. I am set to receive my nook in the mail shortly i just need to know how to get these files onto my nook. i am currently in iraq and have no wireless access. do i just load the files onto a micro sd?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Downloaded books

@wambizle

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

You can load the files onto a microSD card if you want to.  This approach has a couple of advantages:  if your Nook needs to be reset you won't lose your files, and if there's anything wrong with any of the files, they won't be in your Nook's main storage.

Alternatively, you can sideload the files directly onto your Nook.  Just drag and drop them into the "My Documents" folder.

Either way, when you finish loading the files -- and if you've sideloaded them, after you eject your Nook -- go to My Documents and tap "Check for New Content" to access your files.

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
wambizzle
0 Kudos

thanks alot

New User
wambizzle
0 Kudos

My wife ordered the nook for me since we have been in iraq we have read 46 novels and i dont want to accumulate any more. Probably a dumb question but is it a mini usb to usb cord to hook the nook to my pc

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

wambizzle wrote:

is it a mini usb to usb cord to hook the nook to my pc

Yes.  It will connect to a standard USB port on your computer, and also comes with an AC adapter that will plug into a wall socket (adapter required for non-US prongs).

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
rinkrat
0 Kudos

Actually, it is a MICRO usb cable, not mini.  Same standard plug used by most newer cell phones.  The computer end of the cable is standard type A USB (the large flat plug).

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 360 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: