Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
redheaded215
0 Kudos

Downloading issues

I was trying to download my first ebooks to my nook and it wont allow me too.  It says unuable to complete this operation and call customer support if it persists.  Please help.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading issues

redheaded215 wrote:

I was trying to download my first ebooks to my nook and it wont allow me too.  It says unuable to complete this operation and call customer support if it persists.  Please help.

I'd call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support as it advises.  They can help you much faster than we can, as there is no indication as to what is the problem.

New User
redheaded215
0 Kudos

Thanks i tried that and they didnt help me.

Contributor
ss_7309
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.. I can't purchase or download any books on to my NOOK. I had this problem about 2 weeks ago, and B&N replaced my NOOK, after 3 hours with customer service, we couldn't locate a problem. So here I am 2 weeks later with a new NOOK and again can't download or purchase a book.. I am connected to wi-fi, but not 3g right now because of storms in the area. I never had a problem until I downladed the update to version 1.4 Its terribly frustrating

New User
kfendt
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I live in an area that has horrible storms that I cannot stay connected to home wi-fi via nook. I asked when I bought the thing if I could download books to my computer and then add them to nook via usb connection. I was told yes. I cannot get it to work. I called customer service and they told me how to do it, doesn't work.

I also got the same message over and over when I was at a hotspot. I called customer service and they claimed it was I needed to update my credit card. I did that via my iphone and it still will not work. The agent was nice but kept asking me for an error code which there isn't one. He again told me I could move them via my computer download. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am incredibly frustrated.

I am using a mac, I don't know if I am missing a download or what. I would really appreciate some advice? I suppose I made the assumption that the nook would work similarly to my iphone, ipad or ipod and sync when plugged in. It doesn't appear to be syncing at all.

Reader
wraithwhispers
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, and I've only had my Nook Wifi for a little over 24 hours.  I tried resetting it, rebooting it, and all failed to work.  Registration worked fine, and it uploaded my library that I have from the desktop software fine, however when it came to actually downloading the books so I could read them, it would either queue up, or it would download 3% before failing.

The Solution lies with the router.  I have an Actiontec DSL Modem/router from Qwest, and it happens to be a bit finicky, so I figured I would try some settings with that.  I set my encryption from AES to TKIP, and then back to AES.  Now everything works fine.  Each router is different, but if I could make an uneducated guess, I would try changing your encryption settings or network settings to something different, and then switch back again.  Hope that helps!

New User
dragonblade1111
0 Kudos

how the heck do u change that?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 424 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: