New User
annie07AJ
0 Kudos

Downloading music to my nook

good evening,

I have reviewed the tutorials regarding Downloading music to my nook. The nook 'f' drive indicates the music is in the folder - but when I go to my nook to play the music nothing happens.

I have tried several times with no success.

PLease advise.

Thanks!

Correspondent
Mandroid

Re: Downloading music to my nook

Hi Annie, are you using mp3 files?

"5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions"
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

annie07AJ,

Audiobooks in MP3 format can be side-loaded to your nook and stored in "my audiobooks". To play, got to the audio player and select your audiobook file.

For more help on loading files to your nook, watch our Sideloading Content onto your nook how-to video.

Reader
Glor
0 Kudos

how do i convert the mp4 to mp3

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Glor wrote:

how do i convert the mp4 to mp3

Why would you want to do this?

MP4 are video files.  They won't play on the nook.  

Now just on the chance that  you really meant M4A files, the format that is used in iTunes,  you can convert m4a to mp3 using itunes itself.  Just set your Import format to mp3 (which also controls your output format) and then you can have iTunes create a mp3 version of each song in your library and then move these to the nook.

New User
SBitz
0 Kudos

I had that problem because I was using Rhapsody, and the program created a separate subfolder and loaded the songs into "Music" instead of "My Music"  I copied it into the right folder and everything was fine.

New User
reymac4
0 Kudos

I am also having trouble downloading music to my Nook.  I have music files on my computer and dragged them to the my music folder on my nook.  When my nook is connected to the computer it shows the files in there, but when I open the audio player on the nook I keep getting a message that says to load music files via usb.  Can anyone help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?  I have deleted and added the music several times.  I have also ejected the nook per the instructions.  HELP!!!!

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

reymac4 wrote:

I am also having trouble downloading music to my Nook.  I have music files on my computer and dragged them to the my music folder on my nook.  When my nook is connected to the computer it shows the files in there, but when I open the audio player on the nook I keep getting a message that says to load music files via usb.  Can anyone help me and let me know what I am doing wrong?  I have deleted and added the music several times.  I have also ejected the nook per the instructions.  HELP!!!!

What file types are the music?

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Just as an FYI, we have updated the nook FAQ & Support page and there are video instructions for sideloading content.  You can click on the link below and then click on the "Getting Started and FAQ" section.  Once there click on "Beyond eBooks":

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=30195#beyond-ebooks

I hope this helps....

New User
Laurencel01
0 Kudos

Why doesn't my nook have the "open audio content" option under my library as the video tutorial shows for sideloading items to your nook?  I'm trying to download 1 mp3 song from my computer to the nook and it isn't working.  I have put the file into my Nook drive on my computer under my music and have safely ejected.  I've tried checking for new content, turning the device on and off and I've tried going directly to the audio section on the nook.  Nothing has worked.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Laurencel01 wrote:

Why doesn't my nook have the "open audio content" option under my library as the video tutorial shows for sideloading items to your nook? 

Because the Video was done with an OLDER version of the software

Laurencel01 wrote:

I'm trying to download 1 mp3 song from my computer to the nook and it isn't working.  I have put the file into my Nook drive on my computer under my music and have safely ejected.  I've tried checking for new content, turning the device on and off and I've tried going directly to the audio section on the nook.  Nothing has worked.

Make sure your computer is set up to show Extensions.  It might be you moved something you THOUGHT was an mp3 when it was really some other format that the nook does not support.  If it came from itunes, its often an m4a file, which nook does not support and simply ignores.

Turn on file extensions in windows.

Make sure the music is in My Music, (or anywhere on the expansion MicroSD card).

Also, do not use Safely Remove.  Use EJECT from file manager.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:64 members 436 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: